1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
:banana:

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I'm disappointed. I think he would have done much better than a lot of you seem to think. Just because he's not flashy during games doesn't mean he's not capable.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
I'm disappointed. I think he would have done much better than a lot of you seem to think. Just because he's not flashy during games doesn't mean he's not capable.
agreed. Just as some guys are in game dunkers, and not dunk competition dunkers, I know he probably the other way around. Just LB haters, where there is really no basis as to why he shouldnt be

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you all could have seen LeBron at the Kent State exibition game you would change your mind about LeBron's dunking creativity in one second. He dunks before games at the gund too. I went to five and he did some dunks I haven't seen in competition. He doesnt want to do anything flashy in the middle of the game, although the reverse oop pump was a surprise. He's a rookie in close games. He's had one breakaway when the game wasnt close, and the dunk was nice. Please tell me what other players do in games? The same old windmill or a 360 a few times a year. What's so good about that? At least LeBron had an in-game between the legs, better than both of those dunks. Ive seen him do behind the back then between the legs all in the air. That dunk has not been done. I could list more I remember.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I'm glad just because with the all-star game and the rookie game he could have way too much on his plate already for a time when it's supposedly a break.

I think that's amazing that they are forcing James and Anthony to be in the rookie game no matter if they get selected to the all-star game.

oh well. I'll watch. It will be fun. Melo and James will dominate.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

agreed. Just as some guys are in game dunkers, and not dunk competition dunkers, I know he probably the other way around. Just LB haters, where there is really no basis as to why he shouldnt be
There is plenty of basis for saying LeBron wouldn't do good in a dunk contest, because some of us have actually seen him in a dunk contest. At the McDonald's All-American dunk contest, he won the contest but only because the other players missed their much nicer dunks. All LeBron did was jump as high as he can and dunk regular, there wasn't any windmills, no threw the legs, no free throw line, just simple 1 hand and 2 hand dunks with his head at the rim. LeBron isn't a creative dunker, the only nice dunks he has are the ones off alley-oops, because he jumps so high and is in the air so long, he can turn a bad pass into a great dunk.

I think Carmelo Anthony who doesn't jump nearly as high would be a better dunk contest dunker, because I've seen him in a dunk contest also, and his performance was better than LeBron's.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
There is plenty of basis for saying LeBron wouldn't do good in a dunk contest, because some of us have actually seen him in a dunk contest. At the McDonald's All-American dunk contest, he won the contest but only because the other players missed their much nicer dunks.
I wouldnt call one contest that he didnt prepare for "plenty of basis." Like I said, I've seen LeBron on many other occassions (mostly after the draft) with dunks that could win the NBA contest. I mean I've SEEN him do them so when someone says something like this, I can see your point going off this one contest, but I know for a FACT that he has done more creative and better dunks. I cant deny what I saw just because other people didnt.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Kmasonbx</b>!

LeBron isn't a creative dunker, the only nice dunks he has are the ones off alley-oops, because he jumps so high and is in the air so long, he can turn a bad pass into a great dunk.
Once again because you saw him in one dunk contest means you know that Lebron isnt a creative dunker. So according to this logic, you arent much of a football fan because I've only seen you post once or twice in their forum.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

Once again because you saw him in one dunk contest means you know that Lebron isnt a creative dunker. So according to this logic, you arent much of a football fan because I've only seen you post once or twice in their forum.
That dunk contest was my basis for saying he isn't a good dunk contest dunker But there are more reasons for me saying he isn't a creative dunker, how many times has LeBron James been on the break this season, and how many times has he done the same "jump as high as I can 1 handed dunk? I mean it looks nice because of how high he jumps, but it won't result in a good performance in a dunk contest. Just look at players like T Mac, Vince, Kobe, Franchise, J Rich and others when they get on the break, you know they are about to do a spectacular dunk, but when LeBron gets on the break you know what dunk is coming.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That dunk contest was my basis for saying he isn't a good dunk contest dunker But there are more reasons for me saying he isn't a creative dunker, how many times has LeBron James been on the break this season, and how many times has he done the same "jump as high as I can 1 handed dunk? I mean it looks nice because of how high he jumps, but it won't result in a good performance in a dunk contest. Just look at players like T Mac, Vince, Kobe, Franchise, J Rich and others when they get on the break, you know they are about to do a spectacular dunk, but when LeBron gets on the break you know what dunk is coming.
So basically you base your whole theory on a dunk contest from high school and because he doesnt get flashy on his dunks on the court when he has a breakaway he has no creativity. OK

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

So basically you base your whole theory on a dunk contest from high school and because he doesnt get flashy on his dunks on the court when he has a breakaway he has no creativity. OK
What else is their to base his creativity on? I have reasons for saying he isn't creative, all you are saying is he is creative because you know he is, but have no evidence of being creative. OK

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

What else is their to base his creativity on? I have reasons for saying he isn't creative, all you are saying is he is creative because you know he is, but have no evidence of being creative. OK
I see you dont read. Re-read this thread, I never said he was creative at all. I said most didnt have a basis for saying that he wasnt creative. Its a big difference between saying LeBron James is not a creative dunker and saying I dont "think" he is a creative dunker at all. Most have taken the former in saying hes flat out not creative when doesnt anyone know what this young guy can and can not do.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
I really believe LeBron does simple dunks. Heck, some of the game's great dunkers only do lay-ups during games (Marbury can fly but he usually doesn't even dunk).

James has been dunking from the foul line since age 16 and has dunked through the legs in a game. He has the ability. Unlike a high school dunk contest, if LeBron could have entered the NBA dunk contest, he could take more risks. The high school contest is about consistency. If you do 3 great dunks but miss a dunk, I can beat you with 3 good dunks. SO it's basically about not missing a dunk. The reason why people were looking for to Bron in an NBA dunk contest is since they allow you to miss a dunk or two, it means he could approach the contest by throwing caution to the wind and not think twice about using his best moves.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm not doubting LeBron's ability to do creative dunks, I'm only basing my opinion on what I have seen, and the only creative dunk I have ever seen him do was that between the legs dunk he did last season during a game. As high as he jumps he certainly has the ability to do unbelievable dunks, but he hasn't shown that he has the creativeness to do the unbelievable dunks. How many people have seen him do creative dunks? There are people who have seen him in practice do something real nice, but most of us haven't seen him in practice, but LeBron fans are saying he is a creative dunker just because they are LeBron fans.

Yes definitely Steph jumps real high, but not that I've ever dunked but I hear it takes a lot of energy, and why waste it when you have to get back on D. That seems to justify the reason why LeBron doesn't do amazing dunks but everytime on the break he jumps as high as he can, so it's not lke he isn't using energy.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
There are people who have seen him in practice do something real nice, but most of us haven't seen him in practice, but LeBron fans are saying he is a creative dunker just because they are LeBron fans.

Do you think Im making it up? Kent State exibition + cavs warm ups + some creative in game HS dunks junior and senior year = shown he has creativity to me and everyone there, for an NBA dunk contest, im sure he'd bring his prepared dunks

LeBron has has ONE break this year when the game was already in the bag, and the dunk was pretty nice (Portland). Not all people like to show the other team up as much as you want the NBA to be that way. In a game why try to do somethin risky when you're on a team that needs any points it can get to start winning. If he were to do hid bedind the back between the legs in a close game that wouldnt be practical at all. Just get the points. LeBron wants to win the game first. It's a hard concept to grasp for some.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!

Do you think Im making it up? Kent State exibition + cavs warm ups + some creative in game HS dunks junior and senior year = shown he has creativity to me and everyone there, for an NBA dunk contest, im sure he'd bring his prepared dunks

LeBron has has ONE break this year when the game was already in the bag, and the dunk was pretty nice (Portland). Not all people like to show the other team up as much as you want the NBA to be that way. In a game why try to do somethin risky when you're on a team that needs any points it can get to start winning. If he were to do hid bedind the back between the legs in a close game that wouldnt be practical at all. Just get the points. LeBron wants to win the game first. It's a hard concept to grasp for some.
I didn't say you were makig it up, I said not all of us have seen him practice, so people who haven't and are saying he is a creative dunker are just saying that because they like him. You have actually seen him do these dunks, so your opinion about his creativity is very valid, not like somebody saying "he's creative just because I can't disprove he isn't."

Pretty much all players who are known as great dunks do creative dunks on the break regardless of the score.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts