Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two point guards in the National Basketball Association draft class of 2009 received contract extensions this week.

Golden State's Stephen Curry, drafted No. 7 overall, and Denver's Ty Lawson, drafted No. 18 that year, reached agreements on four-year extensions on their rookie-scale deals.

Wednesday's deadline did not result in a deal for Milwaukee Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings, who admitted after practice that the situation has been playing on his mind.

"I'm not going to lie; it was tough," Jennings said. "You just didn't know what was going to happen. At the same time, once I got on the court I just didn't think about it.

"It was more off the court. Then when you hear some of your peers get signed, you kind of get a little down. Now every time you approach those guys, you've got to go at 'em and you've got to show 'em. You've got to prove you are the top player in the draft class.

"It's all good, though."

Indications were that Bucks management and Jennings' agent, Bill Duffy, were not close to making a deal.
I wonder how much he was asing.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-jennings-doesnt-sign-new-deal-ii7e8su-176696681.html

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
yeah he will be a buck going forward, i think the bucks are playing it smart to see if he continues to move in the right direction before breaking the bank on him, we are a franchise that cant afford to give out any more bad deals

1 - 3 of 3 Posts