Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres been alot of talk about a trade or F.A. signing to bring in somoeone like Rashard Lewis or Mike Miller or Keon Clark. Personally, I would not want to see any of these players added to the team this summer. Harpring would be alright (if we can get him for fairly cheap) and I'd like to see a veteran bigman signed to a one-year, but I don't think the Bulls should try to add another starter/primary backup this summer. I know the Bulls have needs and everybody's all psyched about makin the playoffs this year, but I really think they need to be patient or they're going to end up screwing themselves over in the future. Another high-caliber player will eat up money and PT (both of which will be huge factors when resigning time comes in a couple years), and frankly i don't think any of the guys available this offseason are worth the commitment. We don't even know yet what we do have on this team, so it may not even be worth it to take the playing time away from guys like Crawford and E-Rob and give it to, say, Mike Miller. I think the Bulls should wait another year before thinking about any big trades. This should give us time to see whether Crawford and E-Rob and Fizer are the answers for this team or if someone else would fit better. I really think Crawford and maybe even Fizer will be able to find roles on this team, but Robinson is the guy who i think may have to go eventually. He's a scorer on a team that needs defense. I say let him play out this season. If he can use his length and atleticism to become a stopper, great-we'll keep him. If not, i think they need to trade him for one. Who knows, maybe if he's raised his value enough we can get Artest back for him, maybe via a 3-way trade. I heard that giving up Artest was the reason Jerry stallled on the Rose trade, and i bet after seeing the team's D without him he'd love bring him back, probably as a sixth man. It would be like San Antonio in the early 90's when they traded Sean Elliot to Detroit, only to trade back for him the following year. If that's not in the cards, there are still a bunch a stoppers out there that could be had, and who won't eat up the shots, PT, and $ that this years available SF's would.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts