Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yugoslavia has played very well its past two games and finally looks like the Team it was suppose to be. USA is a bunch of one on one players playing on the court together w/o any chemistry.

Yugo plays USA next, if Yugo wins, USA can't even get the Bronze.

Yugo has size and strength in the post, USA doesn't
Yugo has a number of good shooters, USA Doesn't.

Yugo has 6 players who are playing or will play in the NBA.
Yugo has a couple other players capable of playing in the NBA.

Will "team" USA bounce back or leave the court tonight with its tails betw. its legs?

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I am glad as well, Retro.

I don't hang any sort of personal satisfaction out of the US winning. I want to see them play as well as they are capable of rather than see them play well enough to beat any team in the world. I think losing to Argentina brings that closer to becoming a reailty.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ztect</b>!
Yugoslavia has played very well its past two games and finally looks like the Team it was suppose to be. USA is a bunch of one on one players playing on the court together w/o any chemistry.

Yugo plays USA next, if Yugo wins, USA can't even get the Bronze.

Yugo has size and strength in the post, USA doesn't
Yugo has a number of good shooters, USA Doesn't.

Yugo has 6 players who are playing or will play in the NBA.
Yugo has a couple other players capable of playing in the NBA.

Will "team" USA bounce back or leave the court tonight with its tails betw. its legs?
Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neil and Elton Brand are pretty big guys. I'd take them over Vlade, Drobnjak, and Radman.

Pierce and Finley are better shooters than anyone on Yugo's team (that includes Peja).

I think Karl would be better off giving Pierce and Brand the most minutes. They are undoubtedly the best players on the team, and they have shown that they are the most consistent as well.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: No Medal? No "team" in Team USA?

Originally posted by <b>local_sportsfan</b>!

Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neil and Elton Brand are pretty big guys. I'd take them over Vlade, Drobnjak, and Radman.

Pierce and Finley are better shooters than anyone on Yugo's team (that includes Peja).

I think Karl would be better off giving Pierce and Brand the most minutes. They are undoubtedly the best players on the team, and they have shown that they are the most consistent as well.
No one to match up against Vlade.

One dimensional big men, who couldn't score or pass

PG's not even looking for the open man.

Not surprised at all by the outcome.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ole, ole, ole, ole... Go YUGO!!! Well, I was actually rooting for TEAM USA TO LOSE AGAIN AND THE REST OF THE GAMES IN THIS TOURNAMENT because I am personally sick of lackluster ball by team USA and a bunch of overrated show ponies... Maybe, there will be more players that will be good at the fundamentals bringing in a new era of ball... This is sad...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
LoL the mighty have fallen. I am glad the world has caught up with NBA's athletism. Maybe now the NBA product might go back to doing the "little" things.

The US team lost because 2 teams beat them w/ fundementals.
All the awesome atheletic plays meant nothing when the opposition executes basic plays.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
We're still best at football, right?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>ScottMay</b>!
We're still best at football, right?
Since the entire rest of the world calls soccer "football",
the answer to your question is NO

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
But does anyone else play gridiron? ( what the rest of the World calls Amercican football )

Its like saying the Irish are still the best hurlers

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>F.Jerzy</b>!
But does anyone else play gridiron? ( what the rest of the World calls Amercican football )

They are aren't they? :grinning:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

They are aren't they? :grinning:
Yes !

Its also like saying the New Zealanders run the best sheep dog trials

Or that the Greeks still have the best nude roof hopping steeplechase on Paros every summer

You get my drift I am sure

:D

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ztect</b>!

Since the entire rest of the world calls soccer "football",
the answer to your question is NO
Sigh...this was my point.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Originally posted by <b>F.Jerzy</b>!

And this was my point, too!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>L.O.B</b>!
LoL the mighty have fallen. I am glad the world has caught up with NBA's athletism. Maybe now the NBA product might go back to doing the "little" things.

The US team lost because 2 teams beat them w/ fundementals.
All the awesome atheletic plays meant nothing when the opposition executes basic plays.
I was at the game and we got squashed because our American team is filled with a bunch of lazy, pampered punks who have no motivation. We had no hustle on that team, even Ben Wallace didn't hustle. I,I,I,I,I... I saw no team.

Pair that with a coach that lost his edge in the mid 90s and you have one ticking time bomb. I'm glad we lost, it is a wakeup call for our "professional" basketball players that don't think it is worthy of thier time to defend the honor of our country.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
The flow as not there. Every time a US player caught a pass you could tell he was contemplating what he should do next. The synergy you would expect from professionals was non-existant. THe reasons are probably too many to name. The system we have in place is to blame, in my opinion. These guys really are not put into a position to succeed because of how they are assembled and which players were chosen. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I think no one person should be singled out. Everyone had their faults this tournament.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
I think no one person should be singled out. Everyone had their faults this tournament.
Yeah right BCH... we all know that we can place the blame on Elton Brand. I'm so glad we traded Chandler for him :yes: .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts