Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says on the insidehoops.com rumors page that redd doesn't want to ever sign with the cavs because he wouldn't want to be the second scoring option.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I think the Cavs have known for awhile that Redd wont be coming. Thus, the trade for Welsh and the scouting of Joe Johnson

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Cavs should just throw everything they can at JJ and hope Z doesn't go crazy with his contract demand.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
There's so many good SG's on the market this summer that it would take a complete retard not to address that need this summer.

And I don't know who Michael Redd thinks he is, but on any meaningful team he would be the second or third option.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I saw this as well and it just led me to the question. If Michael Redd is your first scoring option, are you actually a championship contending team?

Heck, I don't even think that LeBron is the Cavs first scoring option, he's just our best scoring option. But the way that the team plays they'd rather go inside to Z, if that doesn't work they kick the ball out.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
The 6-foot-6 shooting guard will be an unrestricted free agent on July 1, although he repeated Tuesday that he hoped to return to the Bucks for a sixth season in the fall.

"I still do, still do," the 25-year-old Redd said of wanting to remain with the Bucks. "It's getting closer; we've still got a couple months before that's decided. I'll deal with my agent, Kevin Poston, and obviously talk with my family, because this is a big summer.

"It's huge, man, huge. I've never really encountered anything like this in my life. That's the beauty of being a free agent. It's an honor and a blessing. The last time I was restricted.

"We'll see what happens. Hopefully we can get something worked out."

Sports talk show hosts in Cleveland have been salivating about uniting Redd with LeBron James, and it's possible those rumors could heat up again if the faltering Cavaliers fail to make the playoffs.

"I think when Cleveland was mentioned it had nothing to do with the team as much as it did that he (would be) going back home," Bucks coach Terry Porter said of Redd, the former Ohio State star who still lives in Columbus, Ohio.
Courting of Redd begins
Free agent says he hopes to stay put

·
Registered
61 Posts
You guys shouldn't buy into this unless there is a direct quote of Redd linked from an official site. The "insidehoops rumor page" isn't legit enough to start slandering Redd. I'm sure he's smart enough to know that he would get his points much easier if he was a second scoring option and he'd win a lot more games. As cynical as we are about NBA players, most of them still want to win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts