Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on last night's lineup, rotation, and win....how many of you now would like the team to stay just the way it is - for this season?

In other words, no (major) trades.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
Based on last night's lineup, rotation, and win....how many of you now would like the team to stay just the way it is - for this season?

In other words, no (major) trades.
I actually think that this all depends on how they play their next 10 games or so. If they're 7-3, good. If they're 5-5, not good. If they're 1-9 again, then it's dead and gone.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
That all depends on who the trade is abel to nab. I do not want to see a trade for trade sake, but no matter how much we win, I would never be able to give a blanket statement of"no trades"

Enter TMac

see what I mean :D

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
The best news is that all their main guys are relatively healthy for the first time this season. I still feel that Portland has the talent to be the team that I predicted would win between 45-50 games. They aren't great, but pretty good. Obviously their record is not what it could have been if they'd had better health (with DA and DD), but the talent is there IMO to go on a run now that everyone is playing and seemingly very focused.

A nice long winning streak wouldn't hurt the their players trade values (both rumored and real) both before the deadline and in the upcoming offseason either...

STOMP

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
NO, changes still need to be made. Last night was a great game and a nice win, but it doesn't suddenly change the fundamental problems that currently plague this team. At best we will be lucky to net a 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs, and another first round exit. I don't know about anybody else here, but that hardly seems an exciting prospect to me. I'd rather rebuild, and that means saying goodbye to Sheed, Dale, and Damon (if we can) this year if possible. If we can divest ourselves of Ruben, even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts