Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of barely playing, Mark Pope decided to stage a protest.

During a Denver Nuggets practice last season, Pope got on a stationary bike. On his body, he taped a sign that read, "Put me in, coach."

Before going any further, it should be noted Pope was joking. He is someone who last season suggested being placed on the injured list with chronic dandruff or schizophrenia instead of the mundane patella knee tendinitis.

Tireless research has been conducted and no example has been found in which Pope actually has complained about playing time. And that is one secret why the 6-foot-10 forward with marginal talent has been able to last seven years in the NBA.

Pope, in his second season with the Nuggets, is the consummate NBA 12th man. Of course, that might be a bit generous.

"I would feel blessed to be the 12th man," said Pope, who often is the 13th, 14th or 15th man while being stashed on the injured list.

Until Nene comes back from a left knee injury later this month, Pope will be Denver's 12th man, spending games cheering from the bench and practices working tirelessly to make teammates better. Until he again goes on the injured list, the race is on to see if he will score this season.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_3622176,00.html

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Who's this Anima guy? I've never seen him around before and yet he has over 5000 posts and such crazy rep power. Did he have a username change? Sorry, this is off topic.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I wouldn't complain making 6 figures for doing nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts