Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the other boards, and when I see the posts of tonite's game, all I see is how the Spurs blew it. Not one post in the NBA board on how the Bucks played a great game and won fairly. They say how Duncan blew it, but not how the Bucks have the best home record in the east. Then, I go to watch sportscenter, expecting highlites to top off the show, I mean, after all, it was one of the best finishes this year, and the game wasn't even among the first 3 NBA games shown. Man, this really ticks me off. The Bucks weren't supposed to win 25 games all year, and they do it through the first 44 games. They have a bunch of rising stars like Redd, Mason, Ford, and Thomas. When the media focuses on Kobe's personal life more then a great story like the rising Bucks, I just shake my head. Whenever I mention the Bucks to anybody, they only say how weak the east is. hmmmmmmm...... wins over Dallas, San Antonio, taking the Lakers, the T'Wolves, and the Kings to the wire, and being undefeated so far against the Pacers, The Bucks are among the top teams in the league. Give the Bucks the Respect that they EARNED.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I wonder how many people realize just how good the Bucks are this year? As I mentioned in my thread here, I never would have guessed that the Bucks are tied for *third* in the east, and are on pace for 47 wins. That isn't off the charts phenominal, but that still puts them as the third best team in the east and around the tenth best team in the entire league recordwise. They've beaten a lot of good teams along the way too.

I'm just waiting for the playoffs to come, when the Bucks could easily make it to the conference finals with the way they're playing. Maybe that'll finally get them some recognition from non-Buck fans and the media.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I for one am more scared of facing the Bucks than any other team in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

I don't think you have much of a point about the Sportscenter thing though, they often put the better games toward the end to keep people watching. But I agree that they are the most underrated team in the NBA.

I just finished arguing with a guy who said the Bucks would have a worse record than Orlando if they were in the West. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
With all due respect the Bucks havn't really earned the respect you are asking for.
Until you win a championship in recent times you won't get any respect and that is just how the media works.

I was so impressed by this game tonight. Your team showed heart and they really worked for this win. Even if the Spurs had won this game I would have ended up at this board praising your team for the heart they showed out there tonight. You earned my respect and the media will come around.

Your crowd was amazing. The noise and cheering was so awesome it gave me goosebumps. I haven't felt this way about a win in a very long time (well it seems longer then it has been) concerning my team and for me to get this excited for a team I don't usually watch should say a lot. I am sure many other people felt the same way I did watching this game.

It was a great win. Don't let the media spoil it for you.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Yeah no one thinks the Bucks are that good. I'm very proud to be a Bucks fan and always will. It is funny how everyone thought that the trades that sent out the Big 3 were horrible but look at us now, IMO we are better than we have been for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts