Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the celtics aren't getting respect. everypower ranking has them from 5-8 in the east with teams like the hawks and wizards over them. did the celtics get that much worse by trading an inconsistent pg for a big man. pierce and walker are still there. the only player besides kenny they're missing is rodgers :sigh:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
We didn't lose Kenny, we got him replaced by Shammy, and Buckets. And guess what Shammy can play. He is awsome. I feel sorry about loosing Rodney but NOT Kenny.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i know we didnt really lose kenny he wasnt that good but i dont think the celtics get respect nobody ranks them hiugh on season previews

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Yeah, I was yelling at the websites and their articles. We are really ranked low. I think we'll finish 3 again. Behind the Nets.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I think the Celtics could possibly finish above the Nets. For some reason(maybe it's because of the sweep in the finals), I don't feel the Nets are going to be as good this year. They trade Van Horn, who was huge on offense. Getting Mutumbo wasn't a good idea. The team is a running team. Mutumbo just slows them down. Not a good fit. I see the Celtics finishing above the Nets, at 2nd or 3rd place.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>c_dog</b>!
They trade Van Horn, who was huge on offense.
They used him strictly as a spotup shooter. Once they signed Rodney Rogers, they gave him every offensive play that they had written up for KVH. Did I mention that Rogers is a better outside shooter than KVH? What exactly did they lose?

Oh yea, there's this guy named Richard Jefferson too, that's showing flashes of being a star. And unlike KVH, he can defend.

Getting Mutumbo wasn't a good idea. The team is a running team. Mutumbo just slows them down. Not a good fit.
Mac was lightning quick, wasn't he? The center doesn't need to run on the break. All Mutumbo has to do is rebound and block shots, and just get the ball to Kidd to push it down the court. I'm pretty sure that Kidd/Kittles/Jefferson/Martin can handle the fastbreak without Mutumbo even crossing halfcourt.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
For the last time Aquatious, Shammond Williams is an ok BACKUP. How biased can you get? You point situation is no better than that of Clevland. Quit hyping a guy who will do nothing for your team.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
For the last time Aquatious, Shammond Williams is an ok BACKUP. How biased can you get? You point situation is no better than that of Clevland. Quit hyping a guy who will do nothing for your team.
HE IS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THEN ANY KENNY THERE EVER WAS. DON'T YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING. HE IS BETTER THEN KENNY. HE IS AWSOME. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE FEEL WE HAVE SUFFERED A HUGE LOSS IN KENNY? THE GUY CAN'T SHOOT, HE CAN'T PASS, HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING. ANY MORON CAN PLAY PG, AND THATS WHAT KENNY DID

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
:laugh: :laugh:

Nobody tells Aquatious on his forum! lol

But I guess we'll see this year. I say they place 2nd or 3rd in the conference. I think Sham is also better than alot of people say he is. Besides, Twan can handle the ball if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>BBallFan</b>!

They used him strictly as a spotup shooter. Once they signed Rodney Rogers, they gave him every offensive play that they had written up for KVH. Did I mention that Rogers is a better outside shooter than KVH? What exactly did they lose?

Oh yea, there's this guy named Richard Jefferson too, that's showing flashes of being a star. And unlike KVH, he can defend.

Mac was lightning quick, wasn't he? The center doesn't need to run on the break. All Mutumbo has to do is rebound and block shots, and just get the ball to Kidd to push it down the court. I'm pretty sure that Kidd/Kittles/Jefferson/Martin can handle the fastbreak without Mutumbo even crossing halfcourt.
how is richard jefferson showing signs of being a star he had a couple good games in the playoffs but in the end of the game he didnt play the one game he did finish was when he missed 2 free throws to clinch the game for the nets and reggie miller ended up hitting the 3 to send it to OT and about rogers your overrating hyim hes not that great and he definetly isnt a better 3 pont shooter than KVH

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>celticsrule0873</b>!
how is richard jefferson showing signs of being a star he had a couple good games in the playoffs but in the end of the game he didnt play the one game he did finish was when he missed 2 free throws to clinch the game for the nets and reggie miller ended up hitting the 3 to send it to OT
Obviously you never watched that many Net games. He was probably the best on the team at exploding to the basket when they were in the halfcourt set. He showed that "star" flash, often exploding to the basket for a dunk at times when their offense was struggling, and has given every indictation that he's willing to work on his flaws (ie: shooting and ballhandling). There's a reason that he often played in the 4th quarter, while Van Horn was on the bench. RJ was very explosive offensively, and very good defensively as well.

and about rogers your overrating hyim hes not that great and he definetly isnt a better 3 pont shooter than KVH
No, you're overrating KVH at 3-point shooting, and shooting in general. He's a career 34.6% 3-point shooter, and a a 43% shooter in general (He's 6'10. How many other guys 6'10 shoot that low of a %? He's not a great shooter). I don't know how he got the reputation as the best shooter in the Nets... comparing him to Kittles isn't even close.

Rodney Rogers, meanwhile, is a 35.7% 3-point shooter for his career and a 46.3% shooter.

How is he not a better shooter than Van Horn? Or, a better question, is how could anyone honestly think he's a worse shooter than Van Horn? As a Celtics fan, you should realize how good of a shooter Rogers was.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jefferson is not that good hes a good defender and dunker all he does is run the fast break and get passes from kidd rogers is slow and so is mutumbo the trade they made wasnt a smart one why trade a decent youing center for a good one who will retire in 2 years and every time he comes off the court ices his knees the nets are overrated they got slower and older when they have no chance of winning now why not wait for the future and keep young guys

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I dont know how to get this through to you, but averaging 4.4 points per game, 1.7 assists and 1.3 steals per game last year isnt that great. He could be a good backup, but he cant even hold Kenny Andersons jock, and your right, Kenny isnt that great. So yes, your right, that is an insult towards Shammond. Get real aquatious, Shammond is going to be one of the worst 2 starting points in the league.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>celticsrule0873</b>!
jefferson is not that good hes a good defender and dunker all he does is run the fast break and get passes from kidd
How many times have you seen him play? Because he's not just a dunker than can run.

rogers is slow
How'd he do for Boston again? Seems like he can produce, regardless of speed. The Nets strength is running, but not 100% of their team is runners.

and so is mutumbo
His job is to rebound and block shots, not to run the break. How many centers are really expected to be the lead runners?

the trade they made wasnt a smart one why trade a decent youing center for a good one who will retire in 2 years and every time he comes off the court ices his knees
Because Collins and Krstic are the centers of the future, not MacColluch (who's a huge defensive liability, mind you). Mutumbo's job will be to rebound, play defense, and help guide Collins (and Krstic, if he comes over when Mutumbo's still there) towards being the future. The trade also saves a lot of money over the life of the three contracts, and neither Van Horn or Mac were needed for the future. How's that not a smart trade?

the nets are overrated they got slower and older when they have no chance of winning now why not wait for the future and keep young guys
Again, Mac and KVH were not the future. Mutumbo is NOT that much slower than Mac was, and Rogers isn't going to hurt the running game any more than Van Horn did (and Rogers is going to get less minutes than Van Horn, in favor of Jefferson.... so their running game is goign to be even stronger this year)

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I dont know how to get this through to you, but averaging 4.4 points per game, 1.7 assists and 1.3 steals per game last year isnt that great. He could be a good backup, but he cant even hold Kenny Andersons jock, and your right, Kenny isnt that great. So yes, your right, that is an insult towards Shammond. Get real aquatious, Shammond is going to be one of the worst 2 starting points in the league.

But that was last season, this season he is comming off the bench and you should see him, he can dribble, shoot, and pass. He is a real PG. I am not just saying because I am just a Celtics fan, but I am saying this because he can play. He was having his way with Steve Nash. Nash couldn't do anything about it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Well all in all I respect your opinions, and truth be told I havent seen any celtics preseason games. So I guess Ill take your word for now and take a wait and see approach.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Well all in all I respect your opinions, and truth be told I havent seen any celtics preseason games. So I guess Ill take your word for now and take a wait and see approach.
Its just a friendly argument.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts