Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out with a sprained ankle? Hmm... sounds fishy.... maybe a trade is coming?

·
Registered
519 Posts
anyone know if Dale "help i can't out of my house" Davis finally made it down the hill and will be playing tonight...:confused:

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's...possible..... he's really injured. But the rest of the media is saying there was no indication he was injured last night, and that they weren't notified until an hour before the game. That's somewhat unusual.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I think it to be a bit odd as well. Hmm is it time for me to bump my thread about going out on a limb.

It should be interesting, if Sheed isn't on th bench I would say it is definate.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NateBishop3</b>!
But the rest of the media is saying there was no indication he was injured last night, and that they weren't notified until an hour before the game. That's somewhat unusual.
They're wrong. I saw that play where he turned his ankle last night. The commentators didn't mention it but he was really limping for a while and grimacing. He looked fairly poor before that play and plain old awful afterward. I'm sort of surprised that he won't be playing tonight, but I doubt this indicates a trade is imminent. Now, if he isn't even at the game, that may be something entirely different.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!

They're wrong. I saw that play where he turned his ankle last night. The commentators didn't mention it but he was really limping for a while and grimacing. He looked fairly poor before that play and plain old awful afterward. I'm sort of surprised that he won't be playing tonight, but I doubt this indicates a trade is imminent. Now, if he isn't even at the game, that may be something entirely different.
I'll go wiht Fork I remember seeing it. But I will say that it usually takes a pretty severe sprain for a guy like Sheed to sit out. I don't believ I remember him going to the locker room to get taped/retaped which would be usual.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

But I will say that it usually takes a pretty severe sprain for a guy like Sheed to sit out. I don't believ I remember him going to the locker room to get taped/retaped which would be usual.
True. Sheed is tough for the most part. But this is Chicago and the second game of a back to back. Maybe they figure this is as good a day as any to take a break?

Or maybe the thing is they don't want to get Sheed hurt while they're shopping him. There may be no deal on the table right now, but if he does aggravate the injury, there wouldn't be any deals available, so they have to play it safe to keep options open.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
One thing that could be as well. If they have turned a deal into the league office for final approval, they may list Sheed as inactive to avoid injury or if they feel the deal would be completed just before or during the game. It could be at the request of the receiving team.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
One piece of good news, I just heard on the pregame show that Dale Davis made it to Chicago so he will be there to help Zach inside.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
This is interesting, obviously; Rasheed really does NOT miss many games altogether, whatever other faults he has. It's almost certainly not good news, though.

Is he really hurt? Bad.

Is he kinda hurt, and someone (him or the team) has decided that he can afford to take the night off to rest? Bad.

Was his meeting with Nash after the Sonics game really bad, and the team is suspending him without publicizing him? Bad.

Has Rasheed mentally checked out on the season as much as he looked like he has at times in the Bulls game? Bad.

Or is there a trade brewing? That could be very good or very bad.

I don't take this as a positive. When the best thing that you can hope for is that your best player has been traded (I know many of you disagree he's best on the team) it's not good news, I don't think.

Ed O.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
Was his meeting with Nash after the Sonics game really bad, and the team is suspending him without publicizing him? Bad.

Ed O.
That's a fascinating possibility. That, to me, would mean that Sheed is actually on the block.

Do you discipline a guy you aren't going to keep around? Hell no. That lowers the trade value. Do you hide a suspension of a guy who is NOT going to be traded? I don't think so. But then again, that suspension would likely have been for LAST night, not tonight.

I think he is actually hurt(ing).

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
C'mon, guys. This "ankle sprain" is pure B.S., and we all know it. Wallace is on the verge of being traded, and they don't want to screw things up by risking an injury. It's that simple.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rosered</b>!
Sheed is not out there sitting cheering his team on.
Do you mean he is not present on the bench, or that he is on the bench, but just not cheering?

·
Registered
16 Posts
:D With this team it could be either way! Sheed usually does at least wave a towel with enthusiasm. But he is suppose to be in the locker room getting treatment for his ankle.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!
C'mon, guys. This "ankle sprain" is pure B.S., and we all know it.
We do? As usual, feel free not to speak for me when you're expressing your personal opinions. I'll believe he's traded when it happens... sort of like how I believe he twisted his ankle because I saw it happen. Sorry but I don't think your dream will come true this year... maybe, we'll see...

STOMP

1 - 20 of 31 Posts