Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Win or lose, watching the Blazers tonight vs the Clip-Joint is quite entertaining without Z-Bo or Miles. I'm not angry watching this team. I feel them trying. I feel them caring. I see them moving the damn ball. I see them pushing the damn ball. I see them hustling on defense. I see the things I've wanted to see all year.....win or lose.

Screw Z-Bo and Miles. I really dislike both of them. A lot. They're liabilities.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
I was just about to post the same thing. This is a different brand of ball that we have rarely seen all year. And it's being done on the road! I know it's only 1 quarter of 1 game, but I like the way we look right now.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
ANTG ANTG ANTG baby yeaha yeaha ANTG!

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
One of the best 3 quarters I've seen this year so far.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Utherhimo said:
ANTG ANTG ANTG baby yeaha yeaha ANTG!
ok, I'll bite (knowing full well you probably already answered this)....whats antg?

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Blazer Freak said:
It's in his sig. Allen Needs To Go
aaah..I have signatures off, because some people have signatures that go on for days.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was also about to post the same thing.

Does anyone else have the vague feeling that is Zach and Darius played tonight, we would of been down by 20 at the half? I sure do.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
ANTG and we can get rid of miles and zbo but if he is still the owner? we are stuck with both zZZZzzzzzZZZZ

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TradeShareefNow said:
I was also about to post the same thing.

Does anyone else have the vague feeling that is Zach and Darius played tonight, we would of been down by 20 at the half? I sure do.
No doubt about it.

5 that try is always better than 4 that try...or 3 that try....no matter the talent level.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,411 Posts
Yep, that's what this team needs....LESS talent.

I understand the frustration at Miles. He is the ******* child of an unholy union between the Scarecrow (no brain) and the Tinman (no heart). Sadly, you could say pretty much the same thing about Travis. He is one of the 3 or 4 most talented guys on the team....he doesn't produce.....but he gets a free pass. Whatever.

As for Zach, the anger seems to boil down to "he isn't Tim Duncan, he isn't Dirk or KG!" If anyone needs me to EXPLAIN the flaw in this logic.......there is no hope.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Oldmangrouch said:
Yep, that's what this team needs....LESS talent.

I understand the frustration at Miles. He is the ******* child of an unholy union between the Scarecrow (no brain) and the Tinman (no heart). Sadly, you could say pretty much the same thing about Travis. He is one of the 3 or 4 most talented guys on the team....he doesn't produce.....but he gets a free pass. Whatever.

As for Zach, the anger seems to boil down to "he isn't Tim Duncan, he isn't Dirk or KG!" If anyone needs me to EXPLAIN the flaw in this logic.......there is no hope.
I don't think thats what it boils down to Zach. It's that he's not giving effort in certain areas of his game, and doesn't seem to be willing to improve on them for more than short stretches of the season.

Not necessarily his talent level, but effort level.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,411 Posts
SMiLE said:
I don't think thats what it boils down to Zach. It's that he's not giving effort in certain areas of his game, and doesn't seem to be willing to improve on them for more than short stretches of the season.

Not necessarily his talent level, but effort level.
That's a valid point, but keep in mind that Zach started the season comming off of *serious* knee surgery. The average NBA player would have sat out the 1st half of the season after an operation like that. In hindsight, maybe that is what Zach should have done.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Effort alone doesn't matter. Talent alone doesn't matter, either. Production does.

Miles and Zach, when healthy, are our two most productive players.

I think that the team will be more successful with talented players that Nate works to motivate rather than motivated players that Nate works to infuse with talent.

I find it hilarious that some people can point to a loss to the Clippers as evidence that the team is better off without Zach and Darius.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Ed O said:
Effort alone doesn't matter. Talent alone doesn't matter, either. Production does.

Miles and Zach, when healthy, are our two most productive players.
yah, when they give effort. When they don't give effort, they're no better than anyone else on this team (and worse than a fair # of them).

I think that the team will be more successful with talented players that Nate works to motivate rather than motivated players that Nate works to infuse with talent.

I find it hilarious that some people can point to a loss to the Clippers as evidence that the team is better off without Zach and Darius.

Ed O.
I find it hilarious that some people can have stepped on a flaming bag of turd on their front porch and still deny that there's a flaming bag of turd on their front porch.

The coach has basically said that the team is better off with those guys being replaced. The GM has said as much. There are players who have said as much. What is it that you know that they don't?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
SMiLE said:
yah, when they give effort. When they don't give effort, they're no better than anyone else on this team (and worse than a fair # of them).
Bull. Which players are better than either Miles or Zach when they're healthy? Which players have been?

I'd love to see your list of the "fair number" of these players on the current Blazers roster.

I find it hilarious that some people can have stepped on a flaming bag of turd on their front porch and still deny that there's a flaming bag of turd on their front porch.

The coach has basically said that the team is better off with those guys being replaced. The GM has said as much. There are players who have said as much.
And that matters... why? Our GM has a long and storied history of building losing teams. He's gone on record as saying that he prefers Kenyon Martin as a player to Rasheed Wallace, that Ruben Patterson isn't starting caliber, etc., etc.

Nate had a single good year as Seattle's coach (with 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff teams in his fice seasons there) and then he came to Portland and promptly led us to the worst record in the NBA. He might be a good judge of talent and he might be a heck of a motivator and a good coach, but his record doesn't support it.

This management and this coaching staff is leading the worst team in the NBA, and you think that we should be impressed if they tell us that the team is better off without our two best players?

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Ed O said:
Bull. Which players are better than either Miles or Zach when they're healthy? Which players have been?
health wasn't an issue. I said EFFORT.

you can be "unhealthy" and still give issue (see: damon stoudamire, sabonis, sheed, and others).

these guys don't give effort consistently enough healthy or not..and THAT is what I'm saying the issue is.

I'd love to see your list of the "fair number" of these players on the current Blazers roster.
I'd say when they dont' give effort, they're no better than viktor, brian or joel (as for PF/C's) and Ruben (when he was here) having a small lineup.

And that matters... why? Our GM has a long and storied history of building losing teams. He's gone on record as saying that he prefers Kenyon Martin as a player to Rasheed Wallace, that Ruben Patterson isn't starting caliber, etc., etc.
I don't seem to recall saying that was the exact quote.

Nate had a single good year as Seattle's coach (with 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff teams in his fice seasons there) and then he came to Portland and promptly led us to the worst record in the NBA. He might be a good judge of talent and he might be a heck of a motivator and a good coach, but his record doesn't support it.

This management and this coaching staff is leading the worst team in the NBA, and you think that we should be impressed if they tell us that the team is better off without our two best players?

Ed O.

please, compared to a guy who's played in the game and coaches these guys and see's them almost every day, you know **** about ****.

don't act as if you know something you don't know.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Ed O said:

Ed O.
In 1972-73 the Philadelphia 76ers won 9 games and lost 73...Their best player was Fred Carter...Do you think it really mattered if Carter was playing in the game or not, whether they were going to lose or not?...No! They blew chunks anyways!

This team isn't good because Randolph and Miles are our best players...We certainly haven't won diddly with them and we haven't won without them...

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
SMiLE said:

The coach has basically said that the team is better off with those guys being replaced. The GM has said as much. There are players who have said as much. What is it that you know that they don't?
Quote of the Year!....

haha that had me spit my ovaltine thru my nose all over my keyboard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.