Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Measured out at 6'9.5" in shoes, with an impressive 7'4.25" wingspan. 37 inch vertical. At this point, he appears to be a top 10 prospect.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Really like this kid. Everything he is missing can be taught, and if you watch the way he plays Post-D, the kid definitely listens to his coaches.

He's raw but could be something really special.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently projected 7th to the Lakers, that would seem like a good fit if you ask me.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Reminds me of Chris Bosh when he was entering the league, with a little more bulk.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
@BlakeJesus

The high pressure expectations of Los Angeles might work against him. He's needs a more complete team to 'hide' in where he can learn his craft.

Then again, if anybody can increase somebodies understanding of basketball, Kobe wouldn't be a bad bet.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
As a Laker fan I'm hoping we take him.

High character, good work ethic (see his work in the weight room) excellent physical tools, and already has a perimeter jumper to go with his rebounding ability.

Oh and he is the 2nd youngest player in the draft.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@BlakeJesus

The high pressure expectations of Los Angeles might work against him. He's needs a more complete team to 'hide' in where he can learn his craft.

Then again, if anybody can increase somebodies understanding of basketball, Kobe wouldn't be a bad bet.
You would think his athleticism would be a good fit with Pau at C, and Pau's skillset would allow Vonleh to play more of that garbage man role right away.

I think ideally the Lakers would prefer to see Randle fall, though.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
You would think his athleticism would be a good fit with Pau at C, and Pau's skillset would allow Vonleh to play more of that garbage man role right away.

I think ideally the Lakers would prefer to see Randle fall, though.
Isn't pretty much everyone expecting Pau to leave? I have him penciled in next to Duncan next year.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who knows, still a lot of shuffling to do, but there's a possibility he's back I think.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Isn't pretty much everyone expecting Pau to leave? I have him penciled in next to Duncan next year.
With Pringles gone his odds of staying go up, but I think he will be considered a fallback option.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
@BlakeJesus

Well one worry I have is that he looked passive at times, although the guard play was terrible.

He also needs to work on his low post game, but on the whole I'd love to have him.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts