Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hornets rookie J.R. Smith continually improved this season, and now his potential seems boundless

Full Article

When J.R. Smith made the jump from high school to the NBA, he didn't expect to spend so much time sitting on the bench, getting criticized by his coach for poor defensive play or -- to meet a demand issued by Hornets veterans -- having to bring snacks for teammates on road trips.

Yet it was all part of a growing process that has helped transform Smith from an unsure 19-year-old rookie into a dependable scorer and starter for the Hornets.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Good article...

I like how it said that JR was gifted physically and that would never be his problem in the league but the mental part of the game is where I hope JR excels. I hope he learns tough defense and can up his rebounding numbers and be a true superstar instead of a great scorer.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The next level would be if he could manage to become a better allrounder next season! He always has only about 2 rebounds and 2 assists! I would like him to average 4 and 4 at least! He can do that, he even played the point guard position a few minutes in the last game!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts