Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
interesting list. Slightly odd though that VCU's class was so far down in his rankings. According to ESPN and Rivals VCU had two Top 100 players while Northstar has only one of them barely in the Top 150.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Where does Iona go on that list if the rumor that Pelle is not qualified is true? It is said that he will not sit out at Iona if he is not qualified because he was planning on going pro after one season.

How about X if Davis and/or Reynolds are not eligible.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Re: Spring Sports

Q or Temple? I think Temple should be 6th. They also underrated GW and VCU's classes big time.
I meant Quenton, sorry about that. One player makes a huge difference in a class, so I could see the jump you describe.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

I meant Quenton, sorry about that. One player makes a huge difference in a class, so I could see the jump you describe.
I think he's a top 150 player. I know Rivals' top analyst said he didn't miss it by much. He's huge for a guard (6'6), he does absolutely everything, and he's an elite defender. Not much more you can ask for. I would take him over #150, Sheldon Jeter, who's going to Vandy, any day (in fact, Temple did).

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

Q or Temple? I think Temple should be 6th. They also underrated GW and VCU's classes big time.
I suspect GW's class is underrated because most don't know about the two foreign-born players, and McDonald was not a big AAU guy. But honestly, I don't know enough about the non-A10 teams to offer a real guess about whether they or Temple or anyone else should be 6th.

But I do know that Temple generally proves to be one of the top 6 non-BCS teams, and that doesn't happen if your classes aren't consistently among the 6th best.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

I suspect GW's class is underrated because most don't know about the two foreign-born players, and McDonald was not a big AAU guy. But honestly, I don't know enough about the non-A10 teams to offer a real guess about whether they or Temple or anyone else should be 6th.

But I do know that Temple generally proves to be one of the top 6 non-BCS teams, and that doesn't happen if your classes aren't consistently among the 6th best.
We're generally not given much credit for our recruiting classes because we dont get a lot of top 150 guys but still win. Before Dingle and Josh Brown, our last top 150 was Lavoy Allen in 07. Khalif Wyatt was a 2 star recruit.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Numerical ratings of players are always a crap shoot and don't necessarily translate into on court success, Especially when you get some off the wall "recruiting guru" posting up his rankings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts