Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he had a good game and all, but he is never consistant, stands around the 3 point line looking for jumpers he can't make. Doesn't play that good of defense. I would perfer Padgett. Only reason i'm posting this now is so people aren't just going "your just sayin this because he had a bad game" he has more bad games then good ones.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cliffy looks totally awful most of the time, but I appriciate the effort that he brings to the table, and when he has a game like this he's a valuable guy to have around. Nonetheless I don't think there's anything that he does that LJ III couldn't do in terms of our needs, but I have to applaud him on this effort.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
well, he played poorly last year, but he says that he was injured, so I'm willing to wait and see if that was the case or it is age catching up to him. As for this year, show a little compassion; his wife just gave birth to Twins. Most twins are born prematurely, which carries with it various additional risks. Many times mothers are on strict bed rest for weeks prior to giving birth to Twins, and may have physical activity curtailed for some time afterwards. I'm sure he is not getting much quality sleep right now. I don't know if these are his first children, but I can imagine that it is a bit overwhelming, and is hindering his ability to concentrate at work.

So, in short, I'm willing to have a longer leash with him than with other players.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
He's 38 years old bro

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
netsgiants said:
Booyakasha Ali G Is The Shiett.
Thanks, I like the avatar myself :biggrin:

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Another great celebration thread. Rag on a guy who finally plays a good game.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ghoti said:
Another great celebration thread. Rag on a guy who finally plays a good game.
:D Did you see the rationalization? "Well, I can't do it after a bad game, so I better do it now..."

As for LJIII, his offense is nonexistent. He cannot hit the jumpers, much less the 3s that Cliffy hit. Cliffy's very old and perhaps should retire, but the fact is we need him and he can still produce for us, as evidenced by this game. We need him AND Padgett, so saying "I'd prefer Padgett" doesn't really apply... they are two different players, both of whose production we need.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
netsgiants said:
I know he had a good game and all, but he is never consistant, stands around the 3 point line looking for jumpers he can't make. Doesn't play that good of defense. I would perfer Padgett. Only reason i'm posting this now is so people aren't just going "your just sayin this because he had a bad game" he has more bad games then good ones.
yea but scotty p didn't match up well in this game! Also cliff wan't "bad" ... he wasn't "great" either... he was ok!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts