Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eva Longoria, of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" and girlfriend of Spurs guard Tony Parker, was in attendance and spent the second half watching the game courtside with Yasmin Patterson, wife of Blazers president Steve Patterson.

Sorry mods, but according to the Blazers Official Beat Writer Jason Quick, TradeTheo was correct in starting his thread about Eva. It is not totally unrealistic to wonder if she is considering investing in a team, contributing to a Blazers sponsored charity, or perhaps starring in a sequel to Sebastian's movie. It could be titled "Down in Flames".

At any rate it's certainly more realistic than any of the ridiculous trade scenarios or absurd comparisons of a certain one-dimensional white player to the great Larry Bird that litter this board over and over and over lately.

I also question whether Hap has any clue what real Blazers fans are interested in posting about and discussing since he can't even force himself to watch a full 3 quarters of a game before fleeing the Garden in fright.

It does appear at first glance that quite often his mod duties are abused simply because he has a problem with certain posters and their views.

I could be wrong about that but then again, I'm ALWAYS right and I NEVER lie. :biggrin:

· Registered
5,891 Posts
bitter bitter bitter

housewives is a rip off of bbc show footballers wives and i give a rip about either show

maybe she was talking to patterson about tony parker wanting to be a blazer

maris why the personal acts on other posters keep that stuff on the olve please.

· Registered
3,756 Posts
My understanding is that Ms. Longoria frequently attends Spurs games on the road.
As for Ms. Patterson, it could be she is a fan of the TV show, or the unofficial celebrity greeter, or just friendly.
Why the conspiracy theories? And personal insults?

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
MARIS61 said:
I also question whether Hap has any clue what real Blazers fans are interested in posting about and discussing since he can't even force himself to watch a full 3 quarters of a game before fleeing the Garden in fright.
I was at the game with my father who works grave-yard and didn't want to spend much more of the game there. He's been a season ticket holder for close to 30 years and been going to games for over 34 years. He's the father of 4, and grandfather of 3 (soon to be four) and has worked a very phyiscally intensive job for just about the last 34 years.

If he wants to leave the game early because he's a little tired (both of the game and just physically) than who the hell am I to tell him not to leave?

Better yet, who are you to use that as an pathetic attempt to show that I am a bad mod, not a "real fan" or something else trivial?

It does appear at first glance that quite often his mod duties are abused simply because he has a problem with certain posters and their views.
it also appears at first glance that the planet is flat. But anyone who actually looks into the situation instead of just spouting **** to see if it draws any flies (amazing how the same posters come out of the woodwork to accuse mods (me) of being abusive), you'll see that the mods here are incredibly easy going and the only time things are closed is when they're either blatantly obvious, or have nothing to do with the blazers or even something people care about.

whats next, we have solidguy asking how big Eva's breasts are? I mean, she was at the game the other night..

· Registered
2,250 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Eva Longoria, of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" and girlfriend of Spurs guard Tony Parker, was in attendance and spent the second half watching the game courtside with Yasmin Patterson, wife of Blazers president Steve Patterson.

Sorry mods, but according to the Blazers Official Beat Writer Jason Quick, TradeTheo was correct in starting his thread about Eva.
No, they were both wrong and so are you. It is not Blazer news, and in fact it is not news at all. I've been to plenty of games with "celebrities" in attendance, I don't remember there ever being a thread here about any of them. And tradetheo's thread commented on her body, hardly appropriate for a basketball forum. OT.

As far as Hap's mod skills, there is a clique here like there is at every forum on the intarwebs. I'm not in the clique, but I don't complain about it. It's just the way things work.

The mods are the mods, and they can do whatever they want. The rest of us are NOT mods, but we still can do almost anything we want. The mods here are not as heavy-handed as mods on many other internet forums, IMO. A lot of idiots post here, and they are not banned & rarely censored (if I was a mod, I would do more banning- that's just me though). The idiots are as welcome here as the complainers, and the naive belong as much as the informed. And Mike Rice is welcome too. :cool:

This is a good forum. :makeout:

· Registered
910 Posts
I have to agree with maris61 or obvious reasons. Who are you hap to decide what is off topic and something nobody would want to discuss after it was only up for discussion for 5 minutes? Maybe more people would come to the board if we could talk about more then just the blazers. He says I was littering the board, But was I really? I would think littering the board would consist of endless stupid posts about possible trades, paul allen and him selling the team, who we will sign as a free agent and I hate nash posts. I was just trying to bring up something that was light hearted and a good question. I wonder what big time celebs(if you wanna call eva that) think of portland and if they would ever move here or if they think it's a nice city. For the most part, I don't see any celebs in portland. I think if hap wants to be a good mod, maybe he should let us the posters decide what we want to respond to rather then taking it upon himself to decide everything. It gets irritating seeing the exact same thing on here. I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been closed, I mean it isn't about everything I listed above.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
tradetheo said:
I have to agree with maris61 or obvious reasons. Who are you hap to decide what is off topic and something nobody would want to discuss after it was only up for discussion for 5 minutes? Maybe more people would come to the board if we could talk about more then just the blazers.
yah, thats our problem. we don't talk about non blazer stuff so the board is almost dying....

He says I was littering the board, But was I really? I would think littering the board would consist of endless stupid posts about possible trades, paul allen and him selling the team, who we will sign as a free agent and I hate nash posts. I was just trying to bring up something that was light hearted and a good question.
yah, who wants to talk about the blazers anyways. lets talk girl talk.

I wonder what big time celebs(if you wanna call eva that) think of portland and if they would ever move here or if they think it's a nice city. For the most part, I don't see any celebs in portland. I think if hap wants to be a good mod, maybe he should let us the posters decide what we want to respond to rather then taking it upon himself to decide everything. It gets irritating seeing the exact same thing on here. I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been closed, I mean it isn't about everything I listed above.
if you want to talk about anything and everything, oregonlive still has slots available for posters to sign up.

· Registered
630 Posts
MARIS61 I also question whether Hap has any clue what real Blazers fans are interested in posting about and discussing since he can't even force himself to watch a full 3 quarters of a game before fleeing the Garden in fright. It does appear at first glance that quite often his mod duties are abused simply because he has a problem with certain posters and their views. [/QUOTE said:
I'll second that since he likes to have problems with me. I stopped posting on this board because of many people's ridiculous attacks but lurk every once in a while, I'll post for this cuz I agree.

· Registered
749 Posts
yeah, but if you cant take what you dish out (your opinion versus someone else's) then i guess its better that you dont post here...

Thats the point about a forum board......the majority of posts are all about peoples opinions....

You shove yours down someones throat, they do it back....just because you cant take it doesnt mean your getting attacked :)

· Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
tradetheo said:
Who are you hap to decide what is off topic
He's the moderator of this forum. Deciding that is part of his job.

· Registered
7,812 Posts
FIRE HAP HE'S A TYRANT....OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Revolt! Mutiny! the MODS are all facist dictators...! Let's stage a coup and otherthrow them!

· Registered
3,321 Posts
Hey, if you want to get off-topic about Ms. Longoria, how about this tidbit from this morning's Living section of the Oregonian:

Who's teaching whom? Actress Eva Longoria is trying to undo her public emasculation of her boyfriend, Tony Parker. Recently, Longoria, 31, told Allure mag she's the teacher when it comes to sex with the 23-year-old French-born NBA star, who, she added, has only been with one woman before her. Now she tells TV's "Extra," "When the lights are out, he's the teacher, I'm the student." Hmm.
Now there's more information than we needed to know. :biggrin:

· Registered
2,938 Posts
bballchik said:
....... I stopped posting on this board because of many people's ridiculous attacks ........
Sorry this has happened to you - its not fun - but its fairly anonymous. Please post inspite others opinions - "THAT" is what makes a posting board fun and interesting.

TradeTheo said:
.......Maybe more people would come to the board if we could talk about more then just the blazers......
No - they'd go away. We want to talk about our team - the Trail Blazers. Not, flowers, celebrities, or other tidbits that interest you alone. That is why we formed a "OFF-topic OT" section. So I don't have to rummage through posts to find Blazers talk. PS there are other boards which discuss these other things - you might seek them out.

Now....back the season, the draft, Free-Agency, etc.

· Registered
910 Posts
Hap said:
yah, thats our problem. we don't talk about non blazer stuff so the board is almost dying....

yah, who wants to talk about the blazers anyways. lets talk girl talk.

if you want to talk about anything and everything, oregonlive still has slots available for posters to sign up.
good job mod, way to drive posters away. Is that apart of your job also? I would think you would want more people to post her, not less. Well either way, you're doin a bang up job getting rid of everybody.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
tradetheo said:
good job mod, way to drive posters away. Is that apart of your job also? I would think you would want more people to post her, not less. Well either way, you're doin a bang up job getting rid of everybody.
thanks! :clap:

· Registered
7,812 Posts
tradetheo said:
Wrong.....this is so funny coming from you..considering you are the one who trashed a 14 year old kid here, called him homosexual, made inapropriate sexual references and then said you were going to beat him up. Whose driving people away?

hypocrite...

· Registered
630 Posts
blue32 said:
yeah, but if you cant take what you dish out (your opinion versus someone else's) then i guess its better that you dont post here...

Thats the point about a forum board......the majority of posts are all about peoples opinions....

You shove yours down someones throat, they do it back....just because you cant take it doesnt mean your getting attacked :)
Sorry but I don't shove opinions down people's throats. Yes I post my opinions but what some people post back can hardly be considered opinions, they are nasty mean comments that I've gotten several PMs about from other people on this board telling me they can't believe the way people respond to me and the things they post are attacking and ridiculous. Several of these people have also left the board. I enjoy hearing other people's opinions, and have often written back to people that I didn't think of it that way, and I agree, etc, but I don't see the point in someone telling me everything I say is crap and I'm an idiot. That's not helpful and doesn't seem right for a board. I thought it was about sharing opinions, not bashing. But I guess I'm wrong, which is why I left.

· Registered
910 Posts
Hap said:
Well it seems alot less people are coming to the board. There use to be a ton of people on here, but now maybe 10 people at a time at the most. This might be due to the teams play, but I think the mods have something to do with it too. I am telling you, I am getting sick of having other people decide what should be posted on a blazers forum. Eva was at the game and I had a serious question. It's not like it came out of left field. Give the topic 5 minute before you close it is all I'm asking hap. Is that really to much to ask? And it wasn't a girly subject, since she is hot. You guys must be closet homosexuals i'm guessing since talk of hot girls is such a tunroff to you guys.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
tradetheo said:
Hap said:
Well it seems alot less people are coming to the board. There use to be a ton of people on here, but now maybe 10 people at a time at the most. This might be due to the teams play, but I think the mods have something to do with it too. I am telling you, I am getting sick of having other people decide what should be posted on a blazers forum.
you are grossly underplaying the importance of how the team is playing. There is a small minority of fans/posters who always want to blame the mods for the issues (and strangly enough, it's always the same group of posters..who never leave but yet always complain and say that posters are leaving). But the amount of "control" the mods place on the threads here, is probably among the least of the whole entire board.

How many other boards even have had the option to HAVE an OT forum?

Eva was at the game and I had a serious question. It's not like it came out of left field. Give the topic 5 minute before you close it is all I'm asking hap. Is that really to much to ask? And it wasn't a girly subject, since she is hot. You guys must be closet homosexuals i'm guessing since talk of hot girls is such a tunroff to you guys.
thanks for proving my point.

· Registered
910 Posts
hap, how did I prove your point? care to explain. or are you one of those mods who lets things go to your head and think that just because you are a mod, therefore you know everything and your decisions shouldn't be contested. Do you work for bush? seems like the same time of mind set.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.