Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is definately too many players who need too many minutes on this team the question is who should we let go at the deadline or after this season?
Look at the minute breakdown from the Detroit game.
Minutes My opinion
Kandi - 45 too many
Miller - 43 fine
Brand - 35 fine
Maggette - 24 fine
Jaric -24 fine
Dooling - 23 fine
Pike - 17 no room at the inn Pike
Q - 13 not enough (he injured himself 2nd qrt)
Zhi Zhi - 10 not enough
Rooks - 4 fine
Wilcox - 2 no comment
Odom - 0 way not enough
Ely - 0 no comment
and Odom and Ely are on the IR

I would allow Kandi to go as long as we could get a rebounding center in return or some other way. ( if Ely isn't the guy). They should use his money to resign Miller, Brand, Odom, Q, and Maggette. Those should be there 4 core players. then as long as they could keep Dooling, Jaric and Zhi Zhi I think they will be a great team for many years.

C - Zhi Zhi and (Ely or big rebounder)
PF - Elton and Wilcox
SF - Odom and Maggette
SG - Q and Jaric
PG - Dre and Keyon
end of bench - Rooks, Pike

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I also think Pike is going to have to go. I see Dooling Jaric and Maggette backing up the 1 2 3. They can aslo play other spots.
If we can get another center, Ely may have to go. I would love to pick up a good rebounding center who could aslo add some offense. I pretty much agree with your lineup

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
I would allow Kandi to go as long as we could get a rebounding center in return or some other way.
What does that say about last year? You think he was simply playing for a contract as opposed to finally arriving? Seems like it would be akin to Chicago starting to see Curry arrive then let him go. Its a center deprived NBA. Why get rid of one whose just now starting to turn the corner?

If you are really content to let him go, I suspect you could fetch quite a bit in return providing he continues to grow. Then it becomes what 'Dre type trade can you pull off? So what type of trade speculation would you conjure up?

I agree you are set if you could keep Miller, Q, Odom, Brand and Kandi as your starting five.

But, why get rid of Kandi? And the question I don't think you ever answered before, what indications do you have Sterling will keep any of this together?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Not enough minutes!

Originally posted by <b>Peter Vescey</b>!

What does that say about last year? You think he was simply playing for a contract as opposed to finally arriving? Seems like it would be akin to Chicago starting to see Curry arrive then let him go. Its a center deprived NBA. Why get rid of one whose just now starting to turn the corner?

If you are really content to let him go, I suspect you could fetch quite a bit in return providing he continues to grow. Then it becomes what 'Dre type trade can you pull off? So what type of trade speculation would you conjure up?

I agree you are set if you could keep Miller, Q, Odom, Brand and Kandi as your starting five.

But, why get rid of Kandi? And the question I don't think you ever answered before, what indications do you have Sterling will keep any of this together?
By not signing Kandi that money could be dispersed to pay the others, thats the best way to keep the most players.
My thoughts on Kandi-
Yes I do think he just played for a contract and I'm very glad he didn't get it. He doesn't have a passion for the game (prime example he spent all summer vacationing in Europe). HE'll never be dominant cause he doesn't care if he is, he's just gettin paid. Take last night against the pistons for example, people are only gonna see his 19 and 20, but that doesn't tell his impact.
He only had a few good post moves and almost all of his boards were uncontested, which means any big man would have got them.
Kandi's post game is coming along but heres the big problem with it- he likes to operate on the right side of the floor and spin away with a baby hook. NOw thats good if it goes, but if it doesn't there is absolutely no one to rebound it. Also Kandi feels he can pull the trigger from outside his range now (padding his stats). I would take a big man who might not be as great a scorer, but could rebound well and would probably be a little quicker. Think about it the Clips have enough players who can post up at every position - Odom, Brand, Q, Dre and even Zhi Zhi showed a great move last night.
Getting rid of Kandi would make it easier to keep this core together - Brand, Odom, Dre, Q, Corey, Keyon and Jaric... add to this Zhi Zhi and a good rebounding center and any decent PF then you have a championship caliber team as soon as they become akin to playing with one another....
I swear if I was the clips owner we would have our second title this year.............D.S. is horrible no doubt... I'm only hoping that if we win enough this year he'll let Kandi go and pay the others. Hopefully with these injuries to Odom he won't be worth more than Rashard Lewis figures and as soon as Brand, Miller and Odom resign the rest of my core players mentioned above will be so giddy that they'll stick around and become the new L.A. dynasty.....(hopefully this dream post comes true, and theres no reason it shouldn't, its not crazy, with any other owner you might as well set it in stone, but man D.S.) .....now I'm just ranting.:sigh:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Right on show. And FJ we dont know if they are going to keep this group together. No on can say yes for certain. Donald has never had a group of talent like this. I look at DTS as a shrewd buisness man, and some players asked for way to much, more than they were worth, some just did not want to be here. Thats the past. I said it before and I will say it again, Brand will be the true test. Donald has no real reason not to sign him Dree too! I know the players want to stay and they have expressed their feelings on the situation. If DTS does not reward his players then I will believe. But this topic has been beat to death and its getting lamer than Shaq's Burger King commercials. If you wanna know anything else about it just ask.

BTW this is my 250 post im a vet
go clips get down
:rbanana: :wbanana: :bbanana:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Not enough minutes!

Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!

I'm only hoping that if we win enough this year he'll let Kandi go and pay the others.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. When is he dealt and what will he fetch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts