Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 46-36

Votes: 1 2.6%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll: projected Bulls record. No need to get crazy in depth, but let's just see what the board readers think now.

1. 28-54

2. 35-47

3. 40-42

4. 46-36

If you think the Bulls will post more than 46 wins, I don't think your vote should really count. Sorry. It's my poll.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I was going to say that a lot of people voted for 35-47 versus 28-54, then I realized it is a 3 person poll as I write this. I think it is going to be somewhere in between. Not because they suck, but because they are so young and they have displayed no defensive intensity. With Artest gone, I am not sure where it is going to come from. Hassel may be decent on the defensive end but Artest was better and he seemed to make everyone else around him try harder defensively.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
BCH, I was actually going to post the same thing as you, regarding the amounts of wins. 35 wins seems too close to .500. I agreee, they will likely win between 28 and 35 games.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
32. i answered a similar post on realgm. Still holding to that. I answered 28-54 but that is a little low and 35 wins IMO is a bit high.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by truebluefan
32. i answered a similar post on realgm. Still holding to that. I answered 28-54 but that is a little low and 35 wins IMO is a bit high.
I think that's right on the money. We've got the talent to crack 30, but just barely, I think.

Well, we've got a lot more "talent" than that... what I mean is "developed talent"

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you dont think that my vote should count because I voted 46-36 than maybe you should not put down 46-36 as one of the choices. Just a thought. An by the way when they do win more than 45 games dont start jumping on th bandwagon. Nobody knows what their record is going to be, nobody here is a prophet, but I would rather say my team is going to win it all over saying my team isnt that good and then acting like I knew they would be that good when they win 45+ games.:devil:

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Before the RMR I really thought it likely that the Bulls make the playoffs this season, after the RMR, I think 30 wins might be pushing it. If these kids can't beat other teams scrubs and practice players, they're going to really struggle against actual NBA talent. BUt, they do have nearly three months to work, maybe if they work hard they will make it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
They can definitely reach 35. With JWill, a HOPEFULLY healthy Erob and a year of experience for TC/EC, we will be fine. BC even said last year that Erob would've gotten us 10 more wins. Add ROY candidate Jwill to that, who I think will score in the high-teens, and we're near the playoffs. If either TC or EC has a breakout year, I think playoffs are POSSIBLE, but only cuz the east is so bad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If all Krause does this summer is add Harpring and Skinner (entirely possible), I'm afraid the team will struggle to get even 28 wins.

Curry and Chandler are still a long way from where they need to be for this team to succeed. The same is true of Williams and Crawford. They will all spend a lot of time on the bench with foul trouble. They will likely miss games with illness and injury. And there will be many games where they just don't have it - more turnovers than points, missed assignments on defense, 20% shooting . . . typical rookie problems. And there is real potential for a point guard controversy that could prove disruptive.

With Brian Skinner (or the like) as our "veteran" in the post and Crawford as the most experienced point guard on the roster, how can we expect to get 30 wins? Robinson and Fizer have too many question marks. Rose can do a lot, but he cannot do it all.

Let's save this thread for later in the summer once we know what the roster will actually look like. A lot can happen over the next month or so. I'll be more optimistic if Krause engineers a trade that seriously upgrades the level of experienced talent, or even if he just adds some veteran help at the point guard. But with the team we're looking at right now, 30 wins seems to me like a pretty lofty goal.

Hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
AGREED!!! LOL

Originally posted by Rock-N-Jock
If you dont think that my vote should count because I voted 46-36 than maybe you should not put down 46-36 as one of the choices. Just a thought. An by the way when they do win more than 45 games dont start jumping on th bandwagon. Nobody knows what their record is going to be, nobody here is a prophet, but I would rather say my team is going to win it all over saying my team isnt that good and then acting like I knew they would be that good when they win 45+ games.:devil:
right there with ya rock-n-jock. I MUST stick by my initial projection of 45 wins, as that total will get me a ticket to the first round of the playoffs from Vin Diesel, eh VIN??? (Either that, or the Bulls finishing ahead of the pacers!):grinning:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by Kramer
They can definitely reach 35. With JWill, a HOPEFULLY healthy Erob and a year of experience for TC/EC, we will be fine. BC even said last year that Erob would've gotten us 10 more wins. Add ROY candidate Jwill to that, who I think will score in the high-teens, and we're near the playoffs. If either TC or EC has a breakout year, I think playoffs are POSSIBLE, but only cuz the east is so bad.
What concerns me is that a lot of the Eastern teams have gotten better as well. I can't imagine Milwaukee missing the playoffs again this year. Toronto should have a healthy Vince Carter, if Orlando gets Grant Hill back, they could be better (especially if they sign Clark). I think the Knicks will be improved as well. New Jersey, Boston, and Detroit should all have similar records next year. I think Atlanta will be very much improved also. The Heat will also be interesting to watch. For the Bulls to win 35, they're going to have to jump over a few teams in the east. I'm just not sure who those teams would be.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Hmmmmmm....better or added players?

Originally posted by dkg1

What concerns me is that a lot of the Eastern teams have gotten better as well. I can't imagine Milwaukee missing the playoffs again this year.

I can, as a matter of fact, I can see george karl gone about halfway thru the season or even before that if they are not a VASTLY improved team. Appears, by their lack of play, the Bucks just might not want him there?

Toronto should have a healthy Vince Carter

Didn't this team play better with out carter, and didn't a couple of his teamates question is guttiness(is that a word??? LOL)

, if Orlando gets Grant Hill back

(This guys is done, count on it)

, they could be better (especially if they sign Clark). I think the Knicks will be improved as well. New Jersey, Boston, and Detroit should all have similar records next year. I think Atlanta will be very much improved also. The Heat will also be interesting to watch.

all of the above teams adding players to their rosters does not guarantee success. I look for a chemistry problem with boston, detroit, indiana, and especially the knicks. atlanta COULD be the sleeper in the east.

For the Bulls to win 35, they're going to have to jump over a few teams in the east. I'm just not sure who those teams would be.
Toronto, new york, detroit, boston. there thats four, thats enough to get into the playoffs!! LOL hey, I still say, jayW will bring this team up a notch. we will have to wait to see this....but remember it?

GO BULLS~~~:yes:

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I said that if you think the Bulls will post MORE than 46 wins. the 46-36 option is there for a reason, not just to subject yourself to ridicule.

But more than 46 wins would definitely be improbable, don't you think?

Jermaine O'Neal's stats from his second year:

60 games, 9 starts. 3.4 rpg, 4.5 ppg, .97 bpg in 13.5 mins. Not bad at all, if you think about it. But Chandler's going to get a lot more PT than Jermaine, huh.

Jermaine's "break-out" year, with more minutes:

12.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 2.81 bpg in 80 starts getting 32.6 mins.

Those are fantastic numbers with rebounding and blocks... but it was Jermaine's FIFTH year in the league.

However, other than Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant (who were both more NBA ready than Curry, Chandler, Kwame, or any of the rest of them were when they came out), players like Jermaine O'Neal, Al Harrington, T-Mac... they did really well to develop on the bench. One might say it was just a matter of playing time, that if they had received a chance, they'd have been tearing it up.

But regardless, these H.S. players learned by observation and good coaching, and now they are some of the most talented players in the league.

Curry and Chandler are really the first not-so-NBA ready high schoolers to be thrown into starting minutes and laden with so much responsibility. They will definitely get better, and I'd expect the learning to be accelerated, but let's not expect a KG year from Chandler or Curry.

DeShawn Stevenson is also looking to be a good story. He might really break out this year... it will be his third year in the league. Maybe we can expect a similar breakout in the third year of C and C. Which is, of course, a year away.

Sadly (and this is not based purely on summer league performance), I think Amare Stoudamire might be a little bit advanced in where he's at. I'd say that if he was drafted top 6, say instead of Wilcox, the team would have been getting full value.

Thus, I am in the 28 win camp. Maybe 30. MAYBE 35, if the team stays healthy. But that's as optimisitc as I'll get.

Don't get me wrong, and no one will deny that there is a VERY bright future ahead. In addition, those 30 games that we might win are going to be crazy exciting, along with a good deal of the games we lose.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We are going to win all 82 games and lost none :D :laugh:

Ok seriously my guest will be 30 wins the least, 35 or 37 wins the most.

It depends how well we do. And plus who we get and most importantly that our players are FULLY HEALTHY!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Showtyme is right about TC

Showtyme is right on the money about TC.

The stats Oneal put up his first year at Indiana would be the absolute maximum we could expect from TC.

Just look at TC's numbers for the summer league:

8.2 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.0blks, 24.3 mins

It just doesn't make sense he could match these numbers during the regular season.

Now add in the fact JWill is still going to be a rookie and is going to have ups and downs and the overall youth we have at all positions I don't think with out some significant help we can get anywhere near the playoffs.

I think 30 would be an excellent season in terms of getting wins given the current development of our players.

The only wildcard would be the play of Fizer and ERob. These two have the potential to make major contributions and breakout. I don't really think this is likely but they have the experience and the talent to do so.

If Fizer in particular was to be about to display an outstanding Artest like improvement then maybe we can rock the boat and exceed 30 wins.

I just feel like the RMR was a huge reality check. Its going to be a fun season but with our current inexperienced roster it is not resonable to expect the playoffs or more than 35 wins.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts