Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maggete said.
"My job is to play basketball," said Maggette, who led the Clippers in scoring each of the previous two seasons. "As far as my situation, coming off the bench, I have nothing else to say about that. I'm going to let the coach handle that. I'm just glad my team is winning and playing good right now. Our team has a lot of weapons, and each game we have to use them to win."
Cassell Said:
"Corey, Elton, it's their team. I'm just a guy who's going to run the ship," Cassell said. "I've only got a couple of years left to play in this league. I'm playing this year and two more, and I'm done. I'm going to be a reserve next year and I'm going to live it out.
Looks like everyone is on the same page.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice quotes. When the 5th leading scorer in the league is held to 15 pts because your replacement shut him down, it's time to relish your role as 6th man. This formula is working. Let's not mess it up.

I also like Sam's quote on the Clippers page:
Sam Cassell said:
"I swear I really appreciate our fans! Clippers fans are really hungry right now. They are really loving what we are doing and this is all for them."

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts
I really love the leadership Cassell brings for the Clippers. He's not shy about being vocal and he knows his role. I hope the Clippers will resign him and let him retire a Clipper.

·
Registered
187 Posts
qrich1fan said:
not only retire as a Clipper, but become an Ast. Coach to help Livingston develop thruout his long years in LA
right dat qrich!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
If Cassell can lead the clippers into the playoffs, especially if he can lead us to a division title, he's definitely earned a decent contract to finish out his career and post-career if he wants.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leidout said:
If Cassell can lead the clippers into the playoffs, especially if he can lead us to a division title, he's definitely earned a decent contract to finish out his career and post-career if he wants.
If he can lead us to the Finals, he deserves that contract.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Its amazing thinking about Cassell. Drafted in 1993, 2 championships on and he is still playing the same way. With the swagger, the clutchness, the pull-ups, the confidence,the scoring mentality and the playmaking.

I have no doubt, that he is one reason why the team has belief. The Nets,before he was traded from there for Marbury got better, the Bucks got better, the Wolves made the WCF with him and the Clippers are a force now.

He could be the difference in the playoffs.The clutchness and the confidence is what could win playoff games. A long way to go though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts