Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been hearing from some around the New Jersey Nets that Vince Carter has rejuvenated his career to the same or even higher level than when he was with the Raptors. Watching these videos of "The Old Vince" really reinforces to me that Vince Carter will never again be able to do most of the things that he was able to do with the Raptors not just because his skill set is not the same but because his body will no longer allow him to do so. So to any Nets fans who think they are seeing the best of Vince Carter I’m sad to tell you that thought what you see is still at time unbelievable it's still not VINSANITY

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I must say, I'm impressed with the way that Vince Carter has played in New Jersey this season. But he is in no way the same athlete he was a two or three years ago. He's just not as physically fit as he once was. He's going to come out and say that this will be the offseason where he will start to workout and all that, but we'll just have to wait and see.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
It doesn't really matter if he's the same Vince of old or not. What matters is if he can help the Nets win games, and in the right way. So far he has done some of that. I don't think most Nets fans will mind if he isn't dunking over everyone so long as they can execute.

Obviously their biggest concern is whether or not Kidd is staying, though. If he isn't, and they can't get something good for him, they'll be in a hard way.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I agree speedy, I think Nets fans don't mind if Vince Carter isn't doing any of those 360s anymore, they just want him to help them win ball games. It'll be interesting to see how they perform next season with RJ in the lineup.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speedythief said:
It doesn't really matter if he's the same Vince of old or not. What matters is if he can help the Nets win games, and in the right way. So far he has done some of that. I don't think most Nets fans will mind if he isn't dunking over everyone so long as they can execute.

Obviously their biggest concern is whether or not Kidd is staying, though. If he isn't, and they can't get something good for him, they'll be in a hard way.
I agree completly i was just making the point that anyone who thinks they are seeing the Vince Carter of old are sadly mistaken

·
Registered
375 Posts
speedythief said:

Not necessarily... they do have RJ as well, and that Kristic kid isn't too shabby... if they can get something decent for Kidd, they'll be ok. Not great, but they'll be good enough to make the playoffs.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Vince HAS rejuvenated his career in New Jersey, as I predicted he would. If RJ hadn't gone down they likely would be headed to the playoffs, instead of ****ing Philly. He's had plenty of spectacular plays, some of the best of the year and definitely the best of the allstar game- MANY more than we were treated to the last few years. He may have lost a little explosiveness but, in my opinion, he's just as good as a Net as he ever was with the Raptors thanks to a better offensive system, Jkidd, and a greater skillset (than his first few years in the league).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts