Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch this guy every game. He is the 3rd best PF in the league behind the obvious TD/KG. That means hes ahead of JO as well.

This guy is a fighter, he leads the league in offensive rebounds. Hes top 10 in blocks and field goal percentage. Hes already 7th in the league in double doubles, which is amazing considering he missed all of November. Hes also is 4th in the league in rebounds per game.

Averaging 20 pts, 12 rebs, 3.4 asts, 2.18 blks. Hes one of the best in the league at getting to the free throw line.

Like Duncan, he can handle the rock VERY well. He can easily lead the break and is a very good decision maker and passer.

Lately hes stepped his passing up to a new level, averaging over 5 assists in the last 3 games, and he has 5 assists tonight in the 3rd quarter against the Jazz.

I thought this thread was appropriate. I think all Bulls fans, including myself, should be aware of how good this guy is. Its necessary as well since we play the Clips tomorrow.

Honestly, there is NOTHING this guy cant do. Easily a top 10 player in the league, EASILY.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>WookiesOnRitalin</b>!
I disagree...

1. Duncan
2. Garnett
3. O'neal
4. Brand
5. Dirk
6. Rahim
7. Odom
8. Martin
9. Gasol
10. Randolph
Understandable. Oneal and Brand is very debatable IMO. I think Brand has more actual talent though. The only thing JO can do that Brand cant, is hit a 15+ footer. Brand has much smoother handles though and is a better passer.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I still say Nowitski and J.O. are better. For all his stats, Brand has not even been able to guide the Clips to a .500 record, despite the presence of two other 20 ppg scorers on his team.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Tell me why Krause decided to trade this guy? He may not be a guy who can carry a team, but he is really underrated, and has improved in other areas of his game since being traded.

He is a top 5 PF in the league.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Benny the Bull</b>!
Tell me why Krause decided to trade this guy? He may not be a guy who can carry a team, but he is really underrated, and has improved in other areas of his game since being traded.

He is a top 5 PF in the league.
everyone has their theories. Some say he Krause couldn't pass up on Tyson. Many believe he was buying time since they weren't winning by developing super young rookies. Krause then caves in and trades Artest, Mercer, Miller for Jalen and Best. :sigh:

I hate hindsight but it doesn't apply here. He was a stud then and a stud now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Louie</b>!
I still say Nowitski and J.O. are better. For all his stats, Brand has not even been able to guide the Clips to a .500 record, despite the presence of two other 20 ppg scorers on his team.
In fairness, there is now a competent coach in LA for the Clippers.

Dunleavy has got his team playing hard and he just needs Sterling to help him build a team something surprisingly, Sterling seems willing to do.

They look better this year and are more consistent this year than in previous years.

Outside of the big 3, what else does LA have? The thing about the Clips is now they have less headaches and more guys willing to play.

It's all a matter of perspective. I like Mike Dunleavy as a coach and I think he'll get that ship going in the right direction very very soon. He has the credentials and the talent.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!
Yes Brand would not be where he is now. he would be averaging 28 pts 14 rebs dominating the East's weak ***.
If Brand were still on the Bulls he'd average the same numbers -- 20 and 10. A thing that came up during the trade was that he was a little overweight and had already peaked. I bet that gave Brand that extra incentive to be a definite top PF that he is now.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
originally posted byWookiesOnRitalin
Outside of the big 3, what else does LA have? The thing about the Clips is now they have less headaches and more guys willing to play.
Outside of Artest and J.O., who does Indy have? Al Harrington and his 12 ppg? The Clips have 3 guys who can put up 20 ppg, yet somehow they are nowhere near as good as the Pacers.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Outside of Artest and J.O., who does Indy have? Al Harrington and his 12 ppg? The Clips have 3 guys who can put up 20 ppg, yet somehow they are nowhere near as good as the Pacers.
Are you serious?.. TEAM & INDIVIDUAL DEFENSE is what seperate's these two team's!.. Think about it.. How many 40 & 50 point game's has Indy given up to an opposing player?.. Add the fact that we've had Jaric running the point and Brand out for 12 game's.. I'd say were doing better than expected!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am just disgusted to see people, especially bulls fans, call Elton Brand a loser.

When Elton was with the bulls, he did everything he could to carry this team night in and night out. He always played his heart out and was a model citizen on and off the court. He even showed up to address the media at the Berto Center the night AFTER HE WAS TRADED. I thought that was a real classy thing to do.

Elton hasn't won yet, but not because he can't win. He just hasn't been put in a situation to win. Don't tell me that the clippers are talented. They aren't. Maggette is decent, but he is only a 3rd option type of player. Q is a bench player on any of the top five teams in the west. And their point guard is Jaric. Still, if the Clippers are in the east they would be right up there with the top four teams. The reason? Elton Brand. I like what Dunleavy is trying to do now, but they are still the Clippers. With a cheap boss like Donald Sterling, I really can't imagine they really win anything, especially in a tough western conference.

If Brand were on a contender, he would not be the first option, but he could still put up 15 and 12 easily and be a hell of a complementary player.

Elton did nothing when he was with the bulls or after he left the bulls to deserve to be bashed by bulls fans. Any bulls fan who bash Elton just because we made a stupid trade and gave away our best player is just sad and a loser.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Originally posted by <b>WookiesOnRitalin</b>!
I disagree...

1. Duncan
2. Garnett
3. O'neal
4. Brand
5. Dirk
6. Rahim
7. Odom
8. Martin
9. Gasol
10. Randolph
How can you rate Rahim, Odom, Martin, or Randolph close to top 10 in the league?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>Johnjo</b>!
How can you rate Rahim, Odom, Martin, or Randolph close to top 10 in the league?
PFs

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
originally posted by DontBeCows
Are you serious?.. TEAM & INDIVIDUAL DEFENSE is what seperate's these two team's!.. Think about it.. How many 40 & 50 point game's has Indy given up to an opposing player?.. Add the fact that we've had Jaric running the point and Brand out for 12 game's.. I'd say were doing better than expected!
If team and individual defense is the problem, then that falls largely on Brand as well. Not that he's a bad defender or anything- he's an excellent defender for his size, actually- but in the tradition of Karl Malone and Charles Barkley, Brand exemplifies why having a shortish PF is most definitely a disadvantage. It's not as if his team doesn't have the athletes to play good defense- Maggette is an oustanding defender, QRich is capable, and from what little I've seen of him, it seems that Kaman is not half bad considering his age. If the Clippers are a terrible defensive team, a big part of that falls on Brand, as he is their starting PF.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I am just disgusted to see people, especially bulls fans, call Elton Brand a loser.

When Elton was with the bulls, he did everything he could to carry this team night in and night out. He always played his heart out and was a model citizen on and off the court. He even showed up to address the media at the Berto Center the night AFTER HE WAS TRADED. I thought that was a real classy thing to do.

Elton hasn't won yet, but not because he can't win. He just hasn't been put in a situation to win. Don't tell me that the clippers are talented. They aren't. Maggette is decent, but he is only a 3rd option type of player. Q is a bench player on any of the top five teams in the west. And their point guard is Jaric. Still, if the Clippers are in the east they would be right up there with the top four teams. The reason? Elton Brand. I like what Dunleavy is trying to do now, but they are still the Clippers. With a cheap boss like Donald Sterling, I really can't imagine they really win anything, especially in a tough western conference.

If Brand were on a contender, he would not be the first option, but he could still put up 15 and 12 easily and be a hell of a complementary player.

Elton did nothing when he was with the bulls or after he left the bulls to deserve to be bashed by bulls fans. Any bulls fan who bash Elton just because we made a stupid trade and gave away our best player is just sad and a loser.
No one's questioning Brand's character or effort, but the fact remains that all his stats have never translated into a winning team. It's not like he hasn't had talent to work with either- say what you will about Q and Mags, they are both athletic 20 ppg scorers with multi-faceted floor games. And last year, they had Odom and Dre Miller as well, and they still couldn't win. Brand's not necessarily a loser, but he certainly has yet to prove that he's a winner.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Louie</b>!
If team and individual defense is the problem, then that falls largely on Brand as well. Not that he's a bad defender or anything- he's an excellent defender for his size, actually- but in the tradition of Karl Malone and Charles Barkley, Brand exemplifies why having a shortish PF is most definitely a disadvantage. It's not as if his team doesn't have the athletes to play good defense- Maggette is an oustanding defender, QRich is capable, and from what little I've seen of him, it seems that Kaman is not half bad considering his age. If the Clippers are a terrible defensive team, a big part of that falls on Brand, as he is their starting PF.
I disagree.. Brand's our best defender by far.. He can D his opposite number better than most 4's in the league.. I'll admit.. That he can't guard all 5 position's.. But.. Maggs is far from a outstanding defender.. He's had his *** handed to him, on many occasion's this season.. And more time's than not, Q seem's uninterested on D.. Last night's game displayed Jaric's problem, in term's of defending quicker point's.. Your right.. Our post D is the least of our concern's.. It's our perimeter D that leave's a lot to be desired.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts