Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all to Turtle and the other guy who said I have too much time on my hands, I do.
1. Dre, Brand, Odom and Kandi should be signed to 7 year 60 million dollar contracts each, that gives them money and keeps them together.
2. Sign Maggette to a 7 year 40 million dollar contract, because with Dre Maggette is more valuable than Q and Q wants the max for some crazy-wacko-insane reason.
3. Trade Q to the Bulls for their 2003 1st and JCraw
4. Trade JCraw, 2003 2nd, 1 mil cash to Memphis for Memphis' 2003 1st via Houston, and a filler (maybe Antonin Fotis).
5. Trade Marko Jaric to Denver for their 2003 and 2005 1st picks and a filler. (this is what Kiki Vanderweghe was offering, I wonder if it's still on the table)
6. Trade 2003 2nd, Bryant Stith, 1 mil cash to Orlando for the 1st pick owed to them and a filler who will clear cap for the Duncan sweepstakes. (probably Sasser or Hunter)
7. Sign Wil Avery or Smush Parker depending on if they're signed.

This gives the Clipps Denver's, Chicago's, and Houston's 1st picks in addition to their own, it lets the Clipps keep Wilcox for a year (and he CAN find PT at PF and SF).

8. in the 2003 Draft there is Denver's,Chicago's,Houston's and the Clipps own pick plus Wilcox and maybe also Dooling to deal for Lebron James if one of the picks doesn't win the lotto.....and if no trade can be reached (ie the Cavs win the lotto) then the Clipps can draft 4 good prospects and trade a few or keep a few in Europe (that would replenish the traded talent plus some).

but in the optimal situation the roster is:
PG Dre/Wil Avery or Smush Parker/
SG James/Maggette/Piatkowski
SF Odom/Fowlkes
PF Brand/Ely
C Olowokandi/
+ the fillers from the Memphis,Denver,Orlando trades, and the filler from any trade for Lebron James....so that leaves two spots for FAs and C and SF are the needs so an undrafted Euro center and a athletic undrafted SF would work (I'm thinking of Andreas Glynakalidis the 7-1 280 lb Greek center and Houston College's George Williams, they're both really raw though).....it would be cool and isn't that much of a stretch but trading for James will be easier than people think as long as Cleveland doesn't get him.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Great idea, but no way Krause would do 2003 pick and JCraw for Q if he won't do Mike Miller for Crawford straight up, not to mention the fact that he hates trading picks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
woah, he remembered my name... looks like u were correct in thinking Odom over Miles... im a fan first, an idealist before a realistic one... i just wanted to keep Miles and Q together...

Do u feel all 4 would accept 7/60 year contracts? u make it sound like Mike Miller is better than Q louie... the bulls still have fizer and e-rob at SF and nothing much at SG, trent hassel is not athletic enough and crawfords too short and unreliable rite now...

if i were the bulls i would do that in a minute, they would probably try to get rid of fizer as well, but fail

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regarding the Nugz's pick, Kiki Vanderweghe offered in public their 2003, and 2004 or 2005 1st picks for Jaric (and obviously there has to be a filler)....plus they are trading Posey for Ricky Davis so they would have a lineup of Jaric,Davis,Tskitishvilli,Camby and Hilario as their future....and if you're thinking they can't give up consecutive 1st picks, they can because they own Milwaukee's 2003 1st pick.

Regarding the Bulls' pick, I admit Jerry "I eat too many cold-cuts... mainly pastrami" Krause has wanted Richrdson since the 2000 Draft and I think he would trade a pick for him, and about Crawford I think that he will trade JCraw for anything because Jay, Hassell, Rose, ERob, Fizer, and maybe even Roger Mason are ahead of him at 1/2/3 so JCraw probably will be traded for anything especially if Harpring signs with them. So all in all if it's Hassell or Mason or Crawford or Erob in that trade it doesn't matter because Krause would get off even thinking about having a lineup of Curry,Chandler,Williams,Richardson, and Rose plus Lonny Baxter has proven again what I tried to tell you all, he's got game, so he could even start at PF and Chandler could play SF when Rose is gone.

I don't think the Chicago trade will happen although I think Q will be traded for a pick and a filler, but the Denver trade I am pretty sure is happening....I heard a rumor that it was going to be part of the Cav-Clipps-Nugz rumored 3-way but the Cavs wanted part of the Jaric proceedes so the Clipps cut it off and are negotiating separately....But Dre is a Clipp and Dooling is a very solid backup and running mate so Jaric is going somewhere and Denver has a lot of junk on the table.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
i don't think those picks are that easy to get. i don't know what kiki was thinking when he said he would trade his picks for jaric. he may well just making funs. those picks are gonna be top half of lottery so there are not easy to get. and i guess dre, odom, brand, and olowokandi all want max out, which is near 80 millions under this year's CBA. no they won't take 20 million less i guess.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts