1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
yep, vinsanity got it right on the money

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ive heard Luol Deng being compared to Anthony too. Deng or Humphries cant do what melo did. Deng wont average 20 like melo. Humphries wont lead his team to a championship like melo. Last year Melo was so much better than everyone else, thats why they won it all.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Melo had the same impact on college basketball that LeBron did on high school basketball. For the next few years everyone will look for the next LeBron coming out of high school, and the next Melo as a freshman in college. CBS definitely is comparing Humphries to Melo, they aren't saying they play a like, they are saying like Melo, Humphries is the best player in the nation, and that isn't true. Humphries is in the ideal situation for him, if he were at Duke he would be averageing barely double digits, and none of this talk would exist. Deng is better than Humphries, and Villanueva are better, can't honestly say anyone else is better, but those two are for sure.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sonny22</b>!
Ive heard Luol Deng being compared to Anthony too. Deng or Humphries cant do what melo did. Deng wont average 20 like melo. Humphries wont lead his team to a championship like melo. Last year Melo was so much better than everyone else, thats why they won it all.
Hindsight is great, isn't it?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
Okay, your thread title is very misleading. CBS is not comparing Kris Humphires' game to Camelo Anthony's game. They are not even comparing Humphries' skills to Anthony's skills. The only thing that they are comparing is the impact that both players have had in College basketball.
well thats what i meant.....

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I doubt that Kris will lead the Gophers to a national championship, though. Big numbers? Yes. Big winner? That remains to be seen.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
lets not make carmelo out to be some kind of superstar, he is a talented but somewhat one dimensional player. the thing you have to say about him is his team wins, however he did have a great coach and a strong supporting cast at the cuse. i personally dont think he is anywhere near lebron james as a player but their young so time will tell. as for humphries i dont know if he's the best freshman in america. that title seems to change from night to night. i do know he's a good one, he looks twice as good as he did in the mcdonalds aa game. physically he can hold his own with any of these other guys we've mentioned but you cant really say how they will adjust to the pros till they get there and depending on who they play for. i do think he will enter the draft in june, i have no doubt about that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
humphries = carmelo?

You gotta be kidding me.

Humphries will be a 6th man in NBA at best. Lacks the athleticism. I see him similar to Shane Battier in the NBA.

Poor man's Wally Sczerbiak.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!

Hindsight is great, isn't it?

Its not hindsight. Im comparing what they are doing now, to what Melo did last year. After seeing him play last year, I said Syracuse would win it b/c noone can guard him.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I watched Humphries play the other day against Iowa. He strikes me as the type of player who only cares about his numbers. I did not see him go hard after the basketball to get a rebound or to defend at all in that game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts