Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/11248643.htm

The seven-year veteran forward is the face of the franchise, a four-time All-Star and arguably one of the top 10 players in the NBA. So, when Nowitzki says the Mavs have what it takes to win it all this year, his comments carry some weight.

With the playoffs starting in less than a month, and with center Erick Dampier and guard Jerry Stackhouse primed to return to the court soon, Nowitzki believes Dallas might be on the verge of having a championship parade for the Mavs in less than three months.

"We said in November and December that it'll take us some time to get where we want to be," Nowitzki said after Sunday's practice. "A lot of East Coast teams came in here and beat us, and that was frustrating.

"But to us, we knew we had bigger goals than that. Even though we lost a couple of games here and there, if ultimately we come together in April, I really feel like we have a great shot at winning it all."

Nowitzki said he has as much confidence in this team as he did in the one that lost to the San Antonio Spurs in six games in the Western Conference Finals two years ago; especially if Dampier and Stackhouse are healthy and able to make some meaningful contributions.

"[Two years ago] we had the most confidence, but last year we were struggling a bit all season long," Nowitzki said. "And when you struggle all season long, you just can't say, 'Well, we're going to turn it on once the playoffs came.'

"I really feel more confident than I think I did last year, and hopefully we can show up."

·
Registered
153 Posts
It`s great learning how the best player of the team feels just before the Play-off kick-off!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts