After
23.1 PPG (42 FG%)
10.4 RPG
8-7

Missing Dampier is hurting Dirk, theres no-one to take the pressure of him

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Yeah also his D goes down because now we are back to having no dominate C in the middle so Dirk can't focus on playing the good D that he did when Damp was around.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Theo! said:
Before
27.1 PPG (46 FG%)
9.9 RPG
33-15

After
23.1 PPG (42 FG%)
10.4 RPG
8-7

Missing Dampier is hurting Dirk, theres no-one to take the pressure of him
I definantly agree that Damp being hurts Dirk's all around game. But at the same time if he's an MVP candidate pressure is something he should want to take on. I think Dirk's attitude of late has been laxed and just taking it easy. This to me is why he isn't a true leader yet. Last game I would have liked to see him gather the team around and fire them up. Instead they just took their beating and walked off the court.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The main reason Dirk misses Damp is because he is the one that has to take the beating in the post now. If you look at the games since Damp has been out, Dirk is getting pummeled by the other team and no one else on the roster can take that beating off of Dirk.

·
Registered
371 Posts
yeah, it's only to be expected. The entire team suffers (perhaps not stat wise) but we've been playing like crap recently. He's probably the biggest reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts