Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that the Blazers have waived Matt Carroll and Dickens (I think a mistake, but what do I know)...

and now that DD is "stuck" in Portland..the Blazers are down to 10 bodies for tonites game.

McInnis, Damon, Woods, Randolph, Sheed the starters

Person, Patterson, DA, Stepania, and Vranes.

DA can't be expected to contribute major minutes or much tonite period.

Stepania and Vranes aren't going to contribute much at all.

So that leaves 7 bodies for tonites game.

This is an ample time for Woods to *finally* show us he's for real, and not a flash in the pan player.

Who else expects a monumental *** whupping?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Crossing our fingers... come on Q we need you tonight

our big men depth has always scared me... now tonight even more so

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
After having to bus to the Eugene Airport for a late evening flight, the Trail Blazers arrived in Minneapolis at 3:15am (CST) today. Center Dale Davis did not accompany the team to Minneapolis last night. Davis, who lives in the west hills of Portland, was unable to meet the team to bus to Eugene. He is currently attempting to meet the team. His status for tonight's game is unknown.
Is Double-D out for sure??

·
Registered
6,509 Posts

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Paxil</b>!
YES!!!! No double-D!!!! We get to see da big guy!
Nope, just a lot of Stepania.

Quick relayed a quote from Cheeks today during the chat. Apparently, Mo told Jason, "You [Quick] have a better chance of seeing time on the court than Vranes."

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
I do like that Qyntel has been aggressive in taking the ball to the hole. Yes, he's been stuffed by the basket twice, but I appreciate the effort. He's also cutting to the basket without the ball - something that I don't see enough Blazers doing these days.

It's clear to me that he needs PT. Right now, he's turning the ball over a lot (as young players are prone to do) but it's a matter of execution, not of effort.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!
I do like that Qyntel has been aggressive in taking the ball to the hole. Yes, he's been stuffed by the basket twice, but I appreciate the effort. He's also cutting to the basket without the ball - something that I don't see enough Blazers doing these days.

It's clear to me that he needs PT. Right now, he's turning the ball over a lot (as young players are prone to do) but it's a matter of execution, not of effort.
yeah, he was definitely one of the few guys who was really busting his *** the entire game.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I liked seeing Q get some minutes tonight. He had a lot of TO's, but that is due to lack of PT.

10 points and 8 boards in 21 minutes aint that bad.

Outlaw(19), Woods(23), Zach(23), Nednad(21), Varnes(21) are our future.....

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
That and

You have to remember, when other teams see Rookies or players with little NBA experience out on the court, they like to put a lot of pressure on them. There is often a steep learning curve associated with this. I don't think Q did too bad tonight, he just had the old veteran "Pressure the youngster" tactic pushed hard at him tonight. He will learn, and adjust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts