Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

NU & UNH out, Hofstra in?

2K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  NUGrad 
#1 ·
From a couple sources heard that NU and UNH will be leaving the AE and Hofstra is looking to rejoin. Anybody else hearing anything?

#27 ·
I'd love to see the E! True Hollywood Story about the Don Brown to UMass saga.

The Any Given Saturday website has a ton of Alan Dershowitz-wanna be's expressing their legal views on this.

Dane96 has some interesting, and valid points about the legal situation on that board, and it's all interesting reading.

#28 ·
Personally, I think Don Brown is suspect and a coward. At least he did this after the signing period...which is good for the school, but not the athletes. As for the legal stuff...those guys need to learn to read on the Any given sunday board. Bottom line...NU will get compensated for the buyout, expenses to find a new coach...and will get to keep their pride as being the "right ones." UMASS loses more than it gains in this one I think.

#31 ·
I agree that it LOOKS like Brown has tarnished his reputation.....not to mention the new UMASS AD....but we need to see the facts, don't we? What did Brown's old contract say? Had he signed the new one? (our AD just said that the Trustees had AGREED to the terms of the new contract). What WERE the terms of the contract? Does the approaching school HAVE to ask permission or is it a courtesy? There are a million questions that have to be answered before we can make an informed decioion as to how badly UMASS and BROWN acted.

PS Does anyone KNOW why Clawson turned down the UMASS job? Was it because of the uncertainty surrounding the program or did he know the Brown thing was likely? He would be my first choice to replace Brown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.