Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you weren't aware, the game is on right now on Comcast's CN8. It isn't on NESN, don't know where else the game is being televised.

Looks like a real good crowd on hand, maybe the game could have been in Matthew's? As usual UVM seems to have travelled well.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I was a big proponent of moving the game to the Arena, especially after what happened at Vermont in January. The game COULD have been played there, but NU made the decision that it loses a home court advantage by playing in a building it doesn't practice at on a regular basis.

If NU wanted to play the game at the Arena, it couldn't have practiced there until Sunday, and the crowd, while it may have been marginally bigger - maybe in the 2500 range, would have been dwarfed in the Arena.

By the way, NO WAY were there 2,100 people at Cabot yesterday (TV said it was 2,500 - which is less credible). I wasn't there, but I know what the occupancy certificate for the gym lists as capacity, and if there were 2,000 people there, people must have been on each other's laps, standing in the corners, and on each other's shoulders etc. and because it was a TV game, some seats are lost to the camera scaffold. I'd probably say there were 1,500 or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts