Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The disappointment Nuggets guard Andre Miller and rookie forward Carmelo Anthony felt about not being named Western Conference all-star reserves Tuesday went deeper than being snubbed.

They took it as a slap to the Nuggets.

"At least one player from the Nuggets should have made it," Miller said. "We're eight games over .500. Guys are working hard, and you don't reward one player from this team? You reward guys that are doing OK, but haven't played half the season?"

Said Anthony: "They are supposed to pick at least one (Nugget)."

Miller was upset that conference coaches, who selected the reserves for the Feb. 15 game in Los Angeles, chose Seattle guard Ray Allen ahead of him. Allen has missed 25 games for a .500 team. He also questioned the selection of Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko, who has similar statistics to Anthony but also plays for a .500 team.

"We have a better record than both teams," Miller said. "Ray Allen is very talented and good, but he has played half the season."
[Link]

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
they have a right to be...melo should of been there

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
"At least one player from the Nuggets should have made it," Miller said. "We're eight games over .500. Guys are working hard, and you don't reward one player from this team? You reward guys that are doing OK, but haven't played half the season?"

I agree with this statement. The Nuggets mad a huge improvement so far, but the fact that noone of their players is in the All-Star-Game makes me feel that this event has nothing to do with awarding the best players anymore. It's just a big show to make cash.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MasterOfPuppets</b>!
That's really true. I wouldn't blame it all on the coaches and accuse them of not being fair though, as they simply cannot please everyone.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Ray Allen should not be there.

I want to say I really hate fan voting.

If Francis and Yao were not there, Brand and Melo would be there.

I think Nash is slightly better than Miller this season so I would have gone with him to fill Ray Allen's spot.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Miller was upset that conference coaches, who selected the reserves for the Feb. 15 game in Los Angeles, chose Seattle guard Ray Allen ahead of him. Allen has missed 25 games for a .500 team. He also questioned the selection of Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko, who has similar statistics to Anthony but also plays for a .500 team
That is simply wrong, Kirilenko is a better overall player than Melo, Kirilenko doesn´t score as much as Melo but is better in every other category!!!

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LegoHat</b>!

That is simply wrong, Kirilenko is a better overall player than Melo, Kirilenko doesn´t score as much as Melo but is better in every other category!!!
Also take into account that the Jazz really stress "team" ball, so AK-47 is going to do everything it takes for the team to win, even if he is not the one shooting the ball. If Sloan made him the unquestioned go to player on this team he would be averaging more than 20 a game.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Even Magic Johnson felt that Melo (along with LeBron) should have made this year's All-Star game.

Link

1 - 9 of 9 Posts