Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-roman281.html

After losing their third consecutive game Monday night, Nuggets coach Jeff Bzdelik said, "It ain't going to be four in a row,'' and rookie Carmelo Anthony echoed nearly those exact words.

Bzdelik chose not to comment further Tuesday when asked about guaranteeing a win, but Anthony didn't back down. Rodney White said he guarantees a victory, and Chris Anderson also jumped on the confidence bandwagon

"Ask them what happened to the last team that said something bad about us,'' Corie Blount said.

"I guarantee we'll win,'' Eddy Curry said. "Ask them what happened to Toronto. It's on.''

Bulls coach Scott Skiles wasn't as amused.

Hmmm...maybe this team will show some pride tonight. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
"I guarantee we'll win,'' Eddy Curry said. "Ask them what happened to Toronto. It's on.''
Yea I read that earlier in the Clips/Bulls trade rumors. I laughed because I cant imagine Eddy actually getting syked for a game, yet he says "Its on"...I imagine he'll miss practice today working up his own attributes in NBA live so he can dunk on Nene. ITS ON!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Nuggets guarantee victory tonight...so do Bulls.

Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

Yea I read that earlier in the Clips/Bulls trade rumors. I laughed because I cant imagine Eddy actually getting syked for a game, yet he says "Its on"...I imagine he'll miss practice today working up his own attributes in NBA live so he can dunk on Nene. ITS ON!
I don't know. When Curry gets up for a game he can be extremely good. If it's really "on" like he says it is he might play huge tonight. Which is basically what he will have to do if the Bulls want to win.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Nuggets guarantee victory tonight...so do Bulls.

I don't know. When Curry gets up for a game he can be extremely good. If it's really "on" like he says it is he might play huge tonight. Which is basically what he will have to do if the Bulls want to win.
Dont get me wrong. I hope Curry scores 200 points. I just think its funny coming from a player of his dimeanor whos been labeled as a disappointment thus far...He basically did it, because Carmelo did it first. Eddy is really a child (in a playful way) but I hope he does go off.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nuggets guarantee victory tonight...so do Bulls.

Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

Dont get me wrong. I hope Curry scores 200 points. I just think its funny coming from a player of his dimeanor whos been labeled as a disappointment thus far...He basically did it, because Carmelo did it first. Eddy is really a child (in a playful way) but I hope he does go off.
Yeah, your right. He should have that attitude every night no matter who says what. Still, I'll take whatever motivates Curry for $200 Alex.:D

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
I don't care who says what about us at this point. The Nuggets SHOULD guarantee victory against our pathetic team.

And if the Bulls can't get up for a game unless someone from the other team disses them, that's really sad and it's no surprise we suck such major pipe. :mad: :no:

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nuggets guarantee victory tonight...so do Bulls.

Yeah, your right. He should have that attitude every night no matter who says what. Still, I'll take whatever motivates Curry for $200 Alex.:D
Thank you!

It should never be "off".

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
It's pathetic to be guaranteeing victories in the middle of January.

It's the Bulls vs. the Nuggets. Not the ****ing NBA Finals.

Melo cracks me up with his cockiness. But I'm sure it rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Garunteeing victories when you got your *** handed to you by the Clippers.

Now we're playing a team above .500 and now we're garunteeing games when 13-32?

Can I puke now?

But if it motivates the team to a victory, why not.

If Curry shows some intensity, why not.

But if neither happens, we will become the bottomless joke of the NBA.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>WookiesOnRitalin</b>!

But if it motivates the team to a victory, why not.

If Curry shows some intensity, why not.

But if neither happens, we will become the bottomless joke of the NBA.
Even if it does motivate us to a victory and Eddy to show intensity, aren't we still a joke for requiring the "bulletin board material"?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, it atleast shows that we can actually get motivated and win a game and show that if we bring the same intensity each and every night, it could very well turn things around.

If we win tonight, and Chandler comes back Friday...it will give the Bulls good momentum.

Any victory against the West right now would improve our team's confidence that we can actually go out West and beat a decent team.

We should scrap a win somewhere in this road trip.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Re: Re: Nuggets guarantee victory tonight...so do Bulls.

Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

If Eddy Curry burned himself alive, Denethor style, he still wouldn't have fire.

I guess we have to take such a decree as a positive thing, being the slug that he so often is.

:sigh:
the Eddy Curry Guarantee.............worth so much.

I wish he could guarantee that he was an NBA player worth having

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
>>> There is a good chance the Bulls will activate young center Tyson Chandler for Wednesday's game in Denver. He's been out two months strengthening his weak, sore lower back...

forecaster

have absolutely no idea if this is true...but i saw this and wanted to post it. scroll down to "buzzer beaters"

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Reading this article gave me a good chuckle. Eddy's probably the softest player on a 13-32 team, and he's guaranteeing victories.

And these are two non-playoff teams in the middle of January.

This is like the battle of the have-nots.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rosenthall</b>!

The haven'ts.

They don't deserve the hyphen, give 'em the contraction instead.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rosenthall</b>!
Reading this article gave me a good chuckle. Eddy's probably the softest player on a 13-32 team, and he's guaranteeing victories.

And these are two non-playoff teams in the middle of January.

But if Eddy backs up his words and carries us to a victory, makes me wonder what his motivation (if any) has been all year long?? Aren't the players suppose to play like that EVERY game??

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Its on!

Carmelo is a bully, I'm sure someone thinks hes tough. I'm not sure who though, guaranteeing victories over the worst team in the league doesnt qualify as stepping your game up. Lets see him do it for Saturdays game against the Mavericks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts