Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting ramblings from Dave Krieger in the RMN

So I realize you don't want to mess with a fragile cosmic force like this. Nevertheless, I'm just saying, they could use a strategy to end up with the sixth seed.

Let's be honest for just a minute, and then we can go back to taking them one at a time and always playing to win and reveling in the sight of Carmelo Anthony getting in foul trouble because he's trying on defense.

That's not a shot, by the way. It is the most auspicious sign about Melo we've seen. He's dealt with the unfamiliar experience of being benched when games were on the line by pouting a little - hey, he's 20 - but not much.

Then he looked around - at Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin and Andre Miller and Greg Buckner - and now he's doing his best to get with the program. He has a ways to go, but the effort is a sign he might aspire not merely to celebrity and wealth but also to greatness, the most precious of the three by far.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I did not think they would make the playoffs earlier this year, but I am very impressed with the role Mello has taken as of late. He's scoring almost at will, passing, and leading the team very nicely. They should have an interseting time in the playoffs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts