Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently Nuggets are 2 games behind Griz. Who will be 7th seed?

Griz schedule - Final 13 games

7 games against elite teams, 2 games against Nuggets.

Nuggets
5 games against elite teams, 2 games against Griz.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
The Nugs are hot, Hot, HOT!!! Gotta go w/ them, and my boy, Kmart.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nuggets, George Karl has done a great job so far!

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
The Nuggets!

They are playing beautiful passing the ball team basketball right now. Last few games they have had 40 assists in one and 37 the other night when they blew away the Wizards by 29 points. The Grizz are playing okay but no where near the level of the Nuggets. Nuggs most likely will end up with the 7th seed in the West. What an amazing turn around for this team. Props to George Karl The team is 19 - 5 under him. Not to shaby.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
23AirJordan said:
The Nuggets!

They are playing beautiful passing the ball team basketball right now. Last few games they have had 40 assists in one and 37 the other night when they blew away the Wizards by 29 points. The Grizz are playing okay but no where near the level of the Nuggets. Nuggs most likely will end up with the 7th seed in the West. What an amazing turn around for this team. Props to George Karl The team is 19 - 5 under him. Not to shaby.
Nugs are 2nd hottest team?

Karl is cheap. Why?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
i hope the grizz end up with the higher seed, but i think they're going to throw some games just to get gasol, jwill, bonzi, back in the rotation. a lot of their players have just gotten healthy in time for the playoffs, but you can bet that getting them to shake off their rust is their #1 priority.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I think the Nuggets should try and play the Suns in the first round. The Spurs are too powerful them, but I have a feeling they might be able to take down the Suns if they play they have been playing lately.

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Suns will most likely get the number 1 seed because of Duncans absence. With the Nuggets as hot as they are right now they might get the 7th seed and face the Spurs, I think that they are better off holding off the 8th seed and meeting the Suns in the post season due to thier lack of expiernce. If they play as good as they are at the moment I would not be suprised if they knock of the Suns first round. Watch out for this team Karl knows what hes doing.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Pejavlade said:
Suns will most likely get the number 1 seed because of Duncans absence. With the Nuggets as hot as they are right now they might get the 7th seed and face the Spurs, I think that they are better off holding off the 8th seed and meeting the Suns in the post season due to thier lack of expiernce. If they play as good as they are at the moment I would not be suprised if they knock of the Suns first round. Watch out for this team Karl knows what hes doing.
Ahhh yes.. another "INSERT TEAM HERE can beat the Suns" comment... how lovely. Yes.. the Nugs who haven't even beaten the Suns this year really want to play them... the team with the best record in the Western conference. And so do Memphis who are 2-0 against the Spurs this season... they'd rather play the Suns than those Spurs!

By the way... has anyone even looked at the Nuggets recent schedule as to wonder why they're playing so well? New Orleans, Atlanta, Indiana, Clippers, Portland, San Antonio (who everyone is beating these days), Phoenix (who they lost to), Charlotte, Clippers, Milwaukee, and Washington were their last 11 games. Ok so out of 11 teams they've played 3 have records at least 2 games over .500 (one without their best player and another being the team they lost to). Wow those sure are high quality wins! Especially concidering 8 of the 11 games were AT HOME. Yep those Nuggets have the Suns number, if they can beat the likes of Portland, Charlotte, and Atlanta at home who CAN'T they beat? Meanwhile in the last 11 games the Suns have quality wins over Seattle, San Antonio, Detroit, Denver, and Memphis. All that while playing only 6 of 11 at home. And heck... despite this the Suns aren't even playing their best ball!

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Flavors of the moment this NBA season:

Suns

Sonics

Wizards

Bulls

Pistons

Cavs

Magic

Rockets

Heat

Nuggets

Grizzlies

I think everyone of these teams have went on a run of domination, that interestingly enough ran parallel to an easy part of their schedule. I think the only 'good' team not to be the flavor of the month are the San Antonio Spurs....crazy, wonderful season.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
MemphisX said:
Flavors of the moment this NBA season:

Suns

Sonics

Wizards

Bulls

Pistons

Cavs

Magic

Rockets

Heat

Nuggets

Grizzlies

I think everyone of these teams have went on a run of domination, that interestingly enough ran parallel to an easy part of their schedule. I think the only 'good' team not to be the flavor of the month are the San Antonio Spurs....crazy, wonderful season.
Did you know the Spurs' road record is 19-15. Has anyone thought they might not want to play the Suns on the road in the postseason?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
tempe85 said:
Ahhh yes.. another "INSERT TEAM HERE can beat the Suns" comment... how lovely. Yes.. the Nugs who haven't even beaten the Suns this year really want to play them... the team with the best record in the Western conference. And so do Memphis who are 2-0 against the Spurs this season... they'd rather play the Suns than those Spurs!

By the way... has anyone even looked at the Nuggets recent schedule as to wonder why they're playing so well? New Orleans, Atlanta, Indiana, Clippers, Portland, San Antonio (who everyone is beating these days), Phoenix (who they lost to), Charlotte, Clippers, Milwaukee, and Washington were their last 11 games. Ok so out of 11 teams they've played 3 have records at least 2 games over .500 (one without their best player and another being the team they lost to). Wow those sure are high quality wins! Especially concidering 8 of the 11 games were AT HOME. Yep those Nuggets have the Suns number, if they can beat the likes of Portland, Charlotte, and Atlanta at home who CAN'T they beat? Meanwhile in the last 11 games the Suns have quality wins over Seattle, San Antonio, Detroit, Denver, and Memphis. All that while playing only 6 of 11 at home. And heck... despite this the Suns aren't even playing their best ball!
BigAmare, we liked your old name just fine :grinning:
But anyways, they've still won what, 11 of 12? You can try to take that away from them, but the bottom line is they're not losing.

Reactions: cpawfan

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Kuskid said:
BigAmare, we liked your old name just fine :grinning:
But anyways, they've still won what, 11 of 12? You can try to take that away from them, but the bottom line is they're not losing.
I don't appretiate that you gave me negative feedback for my post. My arguement was well thought through and very well argued (and just because you didn't agree doesn't give you the right). When you play terrible teams at home and win I don't think you should automatically think they can beat a team like the Suns who have played good ALL SEASON (no one can argue with that). What pisses me off is like I said before all the INSERT TEAM NAME HERE can beat the Suns comments. I've seen Golden State, Nuggets, Grizz, Lakers, Timberwolves and others mentioned as teams that could beat the Suns in the first round. Give me a break here, the Suns HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE. Yes anything can happen in the playoffs but when was the last time an 8 beat a 1? They'll be a 1 for a reason you know (if they get it), it won't accidentily happen by magic fairy dust. The reason most of my comments on the board try to defend the Suns is because they are so regularly and unfairly attacked by people like yourselves. I use nothing other than the facts in my arguements and the reason why I argue with a lot people say on this board is because it's actually rather easy to defend a team who just broke their franchise record for road wins with 17 games left in the season (which shows, yes they're good and should get some respect you know?).

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
NugzFan said:
and the two games they beat us we had many key guys out and they BARELY beat us in both games.
No one gives the Suns credit... it's a sad but true tale. The Suns must be the luckiest team on earth to have played all their opponents while they are strewn with injuries.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
tempe85 said:
The schedule is the schedule and nothing can be done about that. The bottom line is that the Nuggets are beating the teams they are playing. Where you lose credability is by suggesting that they are only playing well because they are playing these teams. If you actaully watch the Nuggets play, you will see that there is huge difference in how they are playing the game from before the All-Star break to now.

I can understand being skeptical of the record over the past 13 games because of the winning percentage of the teams played, but that has very little to do with how well the Nuggets are playing. The Nuggets are playing so much better than earlier in the season it is hard to believe it is the same team. Plus, with the 2 deadline deals, Denver is also a much deeper team now with Najera and Person on the bench.

Most people are skeptical of the Suns because of the number of minutes that the starters are playing right now, especially Steve Nash. Jason Kidd is a much bigger and stronger point guard than Steve Nash and he has broken down in the playoffs after taking such a heavy load during the regular season.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
granted im not saying denver is better than the suns - not even close. we probably wont beat them if we play (although we WERE the 8th seed to beat the #1 seed back in 94) but suns fans shouldnt laugh or hope they play us. like i said you BARELY beat us (one on a bad call) and both times we were not even close to healthy. it would be a fun first round matchup if we can hang on to 8 and you guys stay at 1.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts