Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a blurb in the RMN

The Nuggets soon are expected to send out literature touting Karl for Coach of the Year, Camby for Defensive Player of the Year, Earl Boykins for the Sixth Man Award and Anthony for one of the All-NBA teams. "It's always great to be mentioned in categories like that, but I'm all about the team trying to win," Camby said.
:clap: :clap: for Camby's statement

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I don't know if I'm all for this. Kudos to Camby, but that just annoyed me last year when they started making up stats for Ron Artest. Let the panel make their decisions (P.S.:Camby really should be all defensive first team this year).

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kuskid said:
I don't know if I'm all for this. Kudos to Camby, but that just annoyed me last year when they started making up stats for Ron Artest. Let the panel make their decisions (P.S.:Camby really should be all defensive first team this year).
Well, lets see if the team pays the video guys extra to watch film and make up a statistic like the Pacers did last year

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another quote from Karl
Karl, on Camby: "I think Marcus is first-team all-defensive this year. I mean, I've only had him for 30 games or so, but there's no big guys in the league that play the middle like he does." Camby entered Thursday ranked second in the NBA with 2.89 blocks per game and eighth with 7.9 defensive rebounds per game.
I don't believe that Camby can overcome the preconceived biased about who are the best defensive players to take the first team center spot away from Big Ben, but he should get the second team spot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes George Karl I predicted on the Bucks Message Board on AOL would be Coach of the Year material at the end of the year when Nuggets hired him....

But I think his protege' Nate McMillian and Scott Skiles are more deserving over a full year...to get the nod for Coach of the Year...but that is just me.

But no offense at all...Karl has dont a great job getting Melo motivated

Now if Karl can get something from steady Miller, Person and Najera and Russell...you will be just fine.

Marcus
and Kenyon
are volitile personalities that have really matured and Mellowed out (no pun intended) and done great work in the low post and on the boards...They've been absolutely 'beasts' down low.

I will be watching from afar...But there is just so much I can like about a team with Melo on it...Maybe he will grow on me I dont know...I still think you need to reel him in. Maybe his enagement has matured him some...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Coach of the Year I think has to go to Karl's protege' in Seattle one Nate McMillen
or Scott Skiles of Chicago
I think for the year long turnaround they've both done. But take nothing away from the impact Karl has made at all....he is in the running.

But the Sonics winning 50 + plus games and winning over the T'Wolves in that new division? Now come on. Who knew that!?

They lost Brent Barry and what not... But marginal and 'on the brink of stardom type players, Rashard Lews, Radmonovic, Ridnour, Reggie Evans, and Fortson have blended in well. Ray Allen is my MVP by the way...and has stepped up as a true leader and catylst for this playoff darkhorse.
Leadership is Something Coach Karl will demand and said Ray Allen lacked
and said Ray did not do in Milwaukee. That he was why he and traded him and my team (Bucks) are in the mess we are in now.
That was Karl's only blotch in Mil-town. Had he handled Ray different he would not be in Denver right now...He even admits he regrets that now...

Skiles...what can I say with what he has done with 4 rookies and two high schoolers still acting like kids at times!? Fabulous! Magnificent job...and the Bulls are an arch rival! But I appreciate good basketball too even if it is an opposing team. I want the game to do well...and be played the right way...

However Skiles has done it...he has young kids from winning programs in Kansas and Duke and UCONN who listen and buy into what he is saying...and Curry and Chandler are making their 'contract year' push...but Harrington and Nocioni and what not and Deng...are chipping in as well...great job by Skiles...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts