1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says he wants to play 1 more year.

Portland Tribune

Great, as long as it's not in Portland.

I do like the quotes by Przybilla at the bottom of the article. He's a guy I'd like to see in a Blazer uniform for a lot of years, and it sounds like the feeling's mutual.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
it would've been nice to have Van Exel out there at the end of the game last night to shoot a clutch three. that situation is tailor-made for his skills.

that said, I really would rather see us not win another game for the rest of the year. benching Van Exel helps that cause.

I don't see any point in getting mad at Van Exel for not playing. the biggest (and only really meaningful) contribution he'll ever make as a Blazer is how we deal his contract. he's not really a player at this point but an asset. he sees this and is acting accordingly.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
he might want to become a coach

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theWanker said:
it would've been nice to have Van Exel out there at the end of the game last night to shoot a clutch three. that situation is tailor-made for his skills.

that said, I really would rather see us not win another game for the rest of the year. benching Van Exel helps that cause.

I don't see any point in getting mad at Van Exel for not playing. the biggest (and only really meaningful) contribution he'll ever make as a Blazer is how we deal his contract. he's not really a player at this point but an asset. he sees this and is acting accordingly.
I agree. I'm not mad at NVE. I do think that Nick has shown over the years that he's only willing to put out if he thinks there's a chance to win. I admire guys more who play hard every night simply because they're professionals. That said, NVE's willingness to play another year may actually increase his trade value, thereby helping the Blazers out. Go, Nick...go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts