Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The interest and the speculation continues
Read the article

This may be the smartest thing Vescey has ever said...

More importantly, there are much tastier morsels to be had on other team's dessert plates.
feel free to quote him... :rofl:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rasheed is looking for
From what I'm told, agent Bill Strickland has made it clear to Portland and the converging crowd his client is looking for a legit, long-term arrangement, in the $10M-to-$15M per range.
:rofl: Oh that is a good one..... :rofl:

His agent is postering already

This is better than ticlkle me Elmo's

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
He is freaking crazy to think that he is going to get that from the Blazers. I think that a trade is more likely than anything now. :eek:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. I would legitimately consider those figures being at the high end of the negotiation scale.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Actually, the $10-15m range in a long term deal certainly seems reasonable.

If he starts at $8m and signs a 5 year deal, with $1m pay increases a year, that puts him at 5 years, $50m. $10m per.

As an initial position, it's not Clifford Robinson-crazy.

Ed O.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A Bull fan's opinion:

package Patterson with 'Sheed to further the house cleaning.

'Sheed, Patterson

for

VanHorn, Anderson, Doleac

Anderson and Patterson play the same positions and their contracts are the same length. Anderson's is a bit larger but not significantly so.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Sheed doesn't deserve 10-15 million a year. that should be reserved for star players.

Sheed ain't going to get 10-15 million from anyone.

The teams under the cap are not going to spend that much money on Rasheed, and the blazers know it.

They should offer him a 3 year, 22 million dollar contract, with incentives.

If he says "chaa right", then we say "there's the door. don't let the door hit yah where the good lord dunsplityah!"

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
No thanks on that one, Lusty. Patterson is a huge energy player that brings a lot to this team, Shanderson is kinda washed out and has a bigger contract. Plus, I just don't want KVH on my team. Portland needs to have the upper hand in a lopsided trade, it's what we've been used to.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!
Sheed doesn't deserve 10-15 million a year. that should be reserved for star players.

Sheed ain't going to get 10-15 million from anyone.

The teams under the cap are not going to spend that much money on Rasheed, and the blazers know it.

They should offer him a 3 year, 22 million dollar contract, with incentives.

If he says "chaa right", then we say "there's the door. don't let the door hit yah where the good lord dunsplityah!"
Theres a slight chance a team with cap makes him a good offer. Perhaps even the one outlined by Ed O. starting at 8, with a million increase over 5 years. That is still below the max. Some teams just need talent and to show their team they are willing to get it done, either for the win or crowd support. Look at Lamar Odom. I would beleive that Wallace has similar value, ok heck with that maybe the Heat would give him an offer instead of playing Odom at PF.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Any team that really wants Rashweed knows how to get him. Just promise him a free supply of pot for the rest of his life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts