Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Herb preaches defense and good word is, it works

"Our defense has been picking up lately. Guys have been covering for each other and making it work," Williams said.
"They've been out there making the schemes work, rotating for each other and helping each other out. Guys are out there talking and communicating with each other. When a shot is taken, we have five guys going to the boards."
"We have to know that we have to win games at home, and we're going to have to win some on the road," Williams said. There's no more waiting around. The time is now."

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
"Turns out Lenny Wilkens' final act as Knicks coach Jan. 21st was one of his best. According to a source close to Wilkens, he recommended to Isiah Thomas that Herb Williams be his successor after agreeing to step down in January. Williams spoke to Wilkens soon after getting the job. Wilkens, a Seattle resident, has been working as the Sonics pregame and postgame analyst for Fox Sports Net but ESPN worked last night's Knicks-Seattle game." New York Post

"Williams showed he can stand up to his players, too, snapping back at Stephon Marbury when his point guard had some harsh words after being pulled from a game last week in Miami. "Things are going to be said in the heat of the battle," Williams said. "It's how you digest it and then how you give it back. But you want to see your players fired up and into the game. That's a good sign." Regardless of whether he was prepared for the job after just over three seasons as a Knicks assistant, Williams is growing in the leadership role. "I feel a lot more confident about what I'm saying and doing," Williams said. "The more time you spend on the job, the more comfortable you get. Guys have faith in you and what you're doing. When I ask them to do something, they've been very good about trying to do it. As a coach, that's all you can ask." Newsday

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The first move of this offseason needs to be retaining Herb Williams as coach and giving him a full season to run the team.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts