Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Link

The Knicks new boss was attempting to make Rasheed Wallace a Knick, but talks with Portland broke down yesterday and the Blazers' bad-boy power forward appeared headed to Dallas as part of a package for Antawn Jamison, sources said.
Thank god! I reallly did not like the NY rumors at all!

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I didn't want VanHorn, either, but hopefully we can get more than Jamison from Dallas. Perhaps another player and a draft pick.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I heard that it was Tony Delk as the other player, but nothing of a draft pick.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Honestly, I think getting Jamison wouldn't be bad at all. Jamison does have a nice J, he can post up a little, and can handle the ball, unlike some big men. Now if we got Delk as well, that would be better:

C: Dale/Stepania/RBB
PF: Zach/Dale/Jamison(against Small eastern teams)
SF: Jamison/Patterson/Woods
SG: Anderson/Woods/Person
PG: Delk/Mcinnis/Stoud.

The only bad thing(in my opinion) is that Woods PT gets cut down. I don't think Cheeks would mind :uhoh:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Hopefully the KVH-not-involved-in-trade-to-Portland part is 100% correct. I'll comment on Jamison elsewhere.

Ed O.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Considering both KVH and Jamison make the same money, if I had to take one, it would be Jamison.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
What is Big D thinking with this trade? Sheed, Walker, Dirk all at the same position. This trade actually makes me laugh cause if you think our team has problems put Sheed and Walker coming off the bench behind Dirk.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
What is Big D thinking with this trade? Sheed, Walker, Dirk all at the same position. This trade actually makes me laugh cause if you think our team has problems put Sheed and Walker coming off the bench behind Dirk.
Sheed and Dirk would definitely start, if they have any sense. Something like 'Sheed at center and Dirk at power forward or 'Sheed at power forward and Dirk at small forward. Those would be their two best front court players. Wallace would be their only legitimate front-court defender and inside scorer (when he can be coaxed into the post).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is coming from that rag they call the NYpost. If Nash didn't want to touch KVH's contrat, what makes you think he'll touch Antawns (who's Max contract is 2 years longer) I don't believe this rumor.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Sheed in Dallas wont work. He will not play center well, and if he's looking for a big contract at the end of the year, being on the deepist team in hoops might not be the best road to travel.

BTW- Twan watching from the bench might not sit well. Chemistry problems within two weeks, just watch.

However I do like the Howard kid they have. He simply loves to play. I think he's a first year player from Wake. Hell I'd take him over Jamison and they could throw in Delk to make us feel good about it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
:sigh: :sigh: I am all for trading Rasheed if it it makes the team BETTER...and i would try and trade him for a CENTER so we don't have DALE in our center spot..where it hasn't been working for years...:upset:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts