Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KNICKS' DRAFT PLAN MIGHT NOT NEED LOTTO WIN

Problem is, there is a dearth of centers available. Utah's 7-0 center Andrew Bogut is a virtual lock to be the No. 1 pick. After that, it appears the 19-year-old 7-3 Lithuanian center Martynas Andriuskevicius is the next best pivot.
Many clubs have questions about Andriuskevicius because his European team plays him so infrequently to reduce his stock hoping he doesn't leave. But the big center with his inside-out skills has piqued Thomas' interest, as he saw him play a few minutes in Spain when the Knicks president visited him this winter.
It's not a bad year to have two first-round picks, which the Knicks do. The late-first-rounder Isiah Thomas gained from the Feb. 24 trades might not be too far off in quality from a mid-lottery pick. Thomas owns Phoenix's pick, likely the 28th or 29th.
A very good read, it describes the type of players the Knicks could go after in the draft and names a few players that could help and that Isiah has been watching.

·
Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,480 Posts
Great. Athletic shooting guards. That's what this team needs. :boohoo:

I swear, sometimes Isiah seems like a genius, now he seems to be an imbecile. Why a shooting guard? Houston isn't likely to retire and Crawford is already there, then there's Ariza who's a 3/4, Hardaway. It just doesn't make sence. If anything, the Knicks should be looking for a pure shooter at the shooting guard. The whole athleticism trait is highly overrated. The Lakers are probably the most athletic team in the league. Look where they are. Granted the Knicks aren't much better off, but why dig the hole further?

Reactions: son of oakley

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
urwhatueati8god said:
Great. Athletic shooting guards. That's what this team needs. :boohoo:

I swear, sometimes Isiah seems like a genius, now he seems to be an imbecile. Why a shooting guard? Houston isn't likely to retire and Crawford is already there, then there's Ariza who's a 3/4, Hardaway. It just doesn't make sence. If anything, the Knicks should be looking for a pure shooter at the shooting guard. The whole athleticism trait is highly overrated. The Lakers are probably the most athletic team in the league. Look where they are. Granted the Knicks aren't much better off, but why dig the hole further?
I would like to see a Tar Heel, *cough*Rashad McCants*cough*

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
McCants might be a good fit if he declares. I don't understand why some sort of post player wouldn't be the first option though. Not trying to be a hater or anything but it seems like the 2/3 postion is pretty well settled.

·
Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,480 Posts
Please not McCants. I know it's a game and all and the object is winning, but I'm tired of brining in these guys with crappy attitudes. This is New York. We have the largest payroll in the league and the only thing it's amounted to is the largest mouths.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I would like see them grab Deron Williams and use Crawford as an instant offense type-combo guard 6th man...

I think that the Knicks could get away with smaller backcourt if they had a long wing player (Ariza) who could defend the bigger and more athletic swingmen of the league...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts