Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/23578.htm

"Defense, that's something I focused on after my sophomore year. I couldn't guard anybody, so I put an emphasis on defense," said Slay, a 6-8 swingman.

Slay showed the results of that other decision he made. And defense is one reason he has impressed the Nets and figures to land a roster spot for a team many project to repeat as Eastern Conference champions.

Coach Byron Scott, who made defense his No. 1 priority from the moment he took the job, concurs.
He really is starting to look like a 2nd round steal...

-Petey

·
Registered
120 Posts
It looks like this could be another great draft from Rod Thorn. We got the steal of the draft with Richard Jefferson, 2 years ago, when we also got Jason Collins.

Slay is turning out good, and if Krstic pans out, major props to Thorn. He is the 2nd best GM in the game, behind the Logo.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trade for Kidd, getting Van Horn off the books (even though he is one of my favorite players), and numerous minor tweaks... soon enough we might speak of him as the best gm... if the Nets could knock off the Lakers or the Western Conference champs...

-Petey

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Slay Can Play

In his last game against the Celtics from what I saw (and I am never wrong about players) he can really play. He rejected Pierce while he was going to the basket after his pump fake, I tought that he'll try and jump, but no Slay stayed with Pierce and blocked his shot. Then Kidd threw the ball upwards into a crowd of 3 Celtics players, and Slay came out of no where went for the lay up and the foul. He can play, he is athlatic, and 6-8. Kidd will make a real player out of him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts