Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/23558.htm

Webber said he spoke to Sprewell earlier this week. Asked about his mindset, Webber said, "Seek and destroy. Everybody who knows Latrell knows he'll be working out like a maniac. He can't wait to get out there and play and get his frustrations out."
Good news for Knick fans, a health Spree makes the Knicks much more dangerous and much more fun to watch.

-Petey

·
Registered
36 Posts
More interesting point he made: When Spree says he didn't know he'd broken his hand, he means it; the Knicks' not taking his word for it is proof that they're not a team anyone as serious about basketball as Spree is should be playing for.

I've not seen a single article on the subject in which anyone took Spree seriously when he said he didn't know it was broken.

I've only broken three bones in my life, and twice I didn't know I'd done it: once it was the same break Bibby's out with right now (which he says he didn't think was broken—and everyone believes that because he's a cute little sweetheart), and the other was the same exact break Spree's got now (which I didn't find out about until I re-injured it weeks later, and I still don't know how or when I broke it in the first place).

Dude's telling the truth—or at least there's no reason other than "Spree's a bad guy" to think that he isn't—and he gets fined a quarter mil' for it.

I hope he can find a way to get himself traded or released ASAP. He's too good to be trapped in Layden's Circle of Hoop Hell. Since Van Gundy left, the Knicks don't even seem like a team anymore—they're just a crappy local cable tv show. I feel almost as bad for you NY fans as I do for Sprewell. Good luck with next summer's ping-pong balls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts