Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been posted before:

"I would not hesitate to send people again," Portland General Manager John Nash said. "The competition isn't as good as summer league in Vegas because in Vegas you have N.B.A. players. But this is the next best thing.

"Martell played effectively there. I just didn't want him to languish here on the bench. I wanted him to get a taste not just of the competition, but get a perspective. I think you can be a little surreal in your approach coming from high school to the N.B.A."

· Registered
16,001 Posts
I'm glad to read that Nash sees some value in it. I think that Portland had an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the NBDL and I'm not sure that we really did. Sending Monia and Webster down took some guts (especially with Webster; I could see a stigma being attached to going to the minors for a lottery pick) but I wonder if we should have sent down Ha earlier and maybe given Webster more time earlier in the year.

The NBDL could be a great thing for NBA as a league as well as the individual teams. I hope Portland is a franchise that's willing to use it to its advantage.

Ed O.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.