Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jklm posted this over at realgm. I hope he doesn't mind me using it here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/28/sports/basketball/28KNIC.html

All those fourth-quarter leads the Knicks blew last season? That situation should be eliminated now that the Knicks have an inside scorer to go to late in games. Does McDyess turn the Knicks into championship material? No. <b>.But barring Duncan's move to the East, there will be no championship material in this conference until Chicago's youngsters (Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry and Jay Williams) come of age.</b>

Until then, the East will contain closely matched teams playing exciting postseason series on the way to being routed in the N.B.A. finals. With McDyess, the Knicks are back in that fray. Will that bring the coveted bling-bling to New York? No, but it can be fun nonetheless. Who did not enjoy the Knicks' run in 1999 or the Nets' joyride through the East.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Isn't it nice to hear all of this positive Bulls talk for a change? However IMO, some people are being overly optimistic. I would be happy to win about 38 games this year, that would be enough improvement for me. Although in a weak East, who knows? I guess we need to see who JK can lure in trades/free agency.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by dkg1
Isn't it nice to hear all of this positive Bulls talk for a change? However IMO, some people are being overly optimistic. I would be happy to win about 38 games this year, that would be enough improvement for me. Although in a weak East, who knows? I guess we need to see who JK can lure in trades/free agency.
Yep, people sometimes forget that things take time. Experience will help the Bulls eventually, but they have some lessons to learn yet

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
it looks like it's going to be similar to Jordan's Bulls -- we had to wait, and watch them grow up

face certain obstalces (read: the Pistons), and pay their dues

this current Bulls team is probably going to go through the same motions, and I for one, think it's going to be great fun watching that happen

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Brand, Artest and crew

Originally posted by dkg1
Yeah, I recall in the not so distant past, having "similar" feelings about my bulls with brand and artest leading the way. More pieces are in place with crawford and now JAY, however, like others have said, realism must rule over optimism. I would venture to say that in this weak eastern conference, 40 wins should be our goal. I said, OUR GOAL. Shoot for that, if we fall a couple short, oh well, it would be better than 15 or so. IF we happen to win more...hey, then we could be ahead of schedule! I still think, we need to add a Scott Williams and IF EROB is healthy, we SHOULD be okay as a unit...... GO BULLS!!!:grinning:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts