Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...We were just discussing trade scenarios for the Knicks and one trade idea involved yours truly,Mr Garnett...

How woud you feel about a package of TT,Sweetny,Ariza,Crawford ,this years #1 pick for Kg and Hudson..

Assume that the knicks pick is number 5 in the draft.Also,TT has one year left on his contract...

I am against the trade if its the number 5 pick,mainly due to Ariza and NY never ever being under the cap with that trade...

Opinions??

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just argued with somebody about this on another forum. The fact is that Garnetts not being traded, but I'll forget that for a second. In a trade like this, Minnesota would be looking to rebuild. Crawford's contract has negative value in this scenario, because he has been in the league for 5 or 6 years, and still shoots sub-40% and plays no defense. At this point, I don't see Ariza or Sweetney being more than good role players, not guys to build your team around. And this draft lacks the star potential to give the #5 pick that much value in a trade (though it is a deep draft).

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's would be a good one for the Knicks I guess :whoknows:

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
One consideration... include the new Jets' stadium, ship it over and we'll put it somewhere in the metro area. :D

You think New York's going to get under the cap? It's about $42M. Most of the time they'll easily be over twice the cap. In 07-08 they won't Have Houston, Thomas, and Hardaway. THey'll just have $43M of Marbury, Crawford, and four short PFs. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts