Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to go the site for my bi-weekly entertainment and it tried to take me to some Facebook page that wouldn't load. Has Tom thrown in the towel? I mean, I was on there 2 or 3 weeks ago and all I saw was stuff from Cim and then some dude that thinks Maine should go FBS football. Anyway, has the address of the site changed? Or did it finally go bye-bye?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for letting me know. That is too bad. Though I haven't been a big fan of that site for a few years, it was always good to check out every now and then. Tom just didn't do enough to keep sanity in that place and just a couple posters ruined everything there. Can only deal with the nonsense for so long.

I do wish someone could set up a good UMaine discussion board. Probably not gonna happen in my lifetime.

Reactions: mainejeff

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I think it would be hard to maintain a UMaine sports forum. The fans of each sport are basically an independent fiefdom, battling the other sports for a minimal amount of resources. Not a lot of intra-school unity.

The hockey fans resent football because football is hoovering up resources that used to go to hockey.
The football fans resent hockey because they see football as the most successful sport on campus that should get even more resources.
The women's basketball fans resent both because they really are the most successful sport on campus and they feel that they don't get the attention they deserve.
The baseball fans are largely baseball alums who have the deepest pockets and get defensive when it is pointed out that having D-I baseball in Orono, Maine doesn't make a ton of sense.

Then there are the three of us who like men's basketball, artist's rendering of our reaction to any of the above complaining about budgeting/resources:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts