Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I told him (Kwame Brown) to prove to people why he's the No. 1 pick," Oakley said. "Does he listen to me? I don't know what he did in another class, but when you come to my class, it's full attention."--The Daily Herald.

:rolleyes: :laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh:

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise [man] keepeth it in till afterwards. -- Proverbs 29:11

Seest thou a man [that is] hasty in his words? [there is] more hope of a fool than of him. -- Proverbs 29:20

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain (?)

---------
Oakley
:mrt:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I read the quote somehwere and I thought the context was a little different. I am not sure Oakley was taking credit but rather establishing Kwame is there to listen to him. Collins has thankfully had the discussion with Oakley already indicating that he is not sure where minutes will come from for him.

At this point you would have to suspect that with Patrick working with him throughout training camp, that Ewing has had a greater influence on kwame than Oakley.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Admit it guys, we're gonna miss Oak's steady play ;) Where else can you see an ole guy make a behind the back pass to the hotdog vendor?

Oakley might have an ear of the youngin's, at this point in his career he's more suited to coach than to play.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!

At this point you would have to suspect that with Patrick working with him throughout training camp, that Ewing has had a greater influence on kwame than Oakley.
Ah, but when we pry into ol' Sawdust's mind we're seldom treated to a vision of reality or truth! Wouldn't you agree that Oakley takes the phrase "Perception is reality" to a whole new level?
:laugh:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nater</b>!
A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise [man] keepeth it in till afterwards. -- Proverbs 29:11

Seest thou a man [that is] hasty in his words? [there is] more hope of a fool than of him. -- Proverbs 29:20

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain (?)

---------
Oakley
:mrt:
Confucious say :

[strike] Man with dick on head can't see for nuts [/strike]

We cant have FJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts