Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OAKLEY ON CARTER: While the Toronto Raptors were happy to get rid of star guard Vince Carter, former Bulls forward Charles Oakley knows why Carter is playing well again for the New Jersey Nets and has them contending for the playoffs.

"He knows Jason Kidd will put his foot up his [butt] if he doesn't play like he is capable,'' Oakley said. "When Antonio Davis and I were his teammates on the Raptors, we'd chew his [butt] out when he was playing beneath his talent. He thought we were his enemies when we were really his best friends because we were trying to help him be the best.

"But the Raptors organization spoiled him. They had guys in basketball management who didn't ... stand up to him. They would let him have his way. Then when they brought Lenny Wilkens in to coach, Lenny also let Vince have his way and Vince got so bad they had to trade him. Now, everybody sees that he still always had the ability to dominate a game. Kidd is bringing out the best in him.''
http://www.suntimes.com/output/banks/cst-spt-banx271.html

Borrowed from Turkish Delight, and the Raptors forum without permission... :)

Kidd really brings out the best in people on the court...

-Petey

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
If Kidd was traded, would Lawrence Frank do a good enough job motivating Carter to play to his capability?

I think he would. We just have a more motivational and on your case environment in NJ.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KingofNewark said:
I will borrow this for another forum. :biggrin:
Yeah yeah, and without permission either... jeez.

Borrow stuff to bring back here too.

Btw RPG is up... I think you had asked about it, KingofNewark.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
If Kidd was traded, would Lawrence Frank do a good enough job motivating Carter to play to his capability?

I think he would. We just have a more motivational and on your case environment in NJ.
I think the motivation would be to keep up with RJ, someone who shares some comparisons with him. It would be like a battle to keep up with each other...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts