Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If/when Hubert Davis is signed on Monday, who goes? The consensus is Robert Pack who has been reduced to a nightly DNP-CD or garbage time only player.

I don't mind replacing Pack, but Hubert Davis is no more qualified to run the point than Lu.

What happens to Harris? Is he going on the IL? Where does this leave the back-up PG situation? It's more important than ever to reduce Kidd's MPG, and it doesn't look like Planinic is ready to take over. Are we going to see a Harris/Davis back-court off the bench?

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!
If/when Hubert Davis is signed on Monday, who goes? The consensus is Robert Pack who has been reduced to a nightly DNP-CD or garbage time only player.
Yep. Pack's second 10-day contract runs out after Wednesday I believe, so it would just be cut short. Releasing Armstrong or Slay would mean swallowing more money (not that much, though) since their contracts are guaranteed. Pack not playing anything but garbage time the last few games pretty much seals his fate.

I don't mind replacing Pack, but Hubert Davis is no more qualified to run the point than Lu.

What happens to Harris? Is he going on the IL?
Good question, since Griffin will be activated at the same time. I assume the IL will be Slay, Armstrong and Mourning (unless they think a couple of weeks off will benefit Lucious), so the active roster will be:
Kidd/Planinic
Kittles/Harris/Davis
Jefferson/Scalabrine
Martin/Griffin/Rogers
Collins/Williams

Slay and Armstrong are dead weight. They are nowhere near seeing the court in a close game.

Where does this leave the back-up PG situation? It's more important than ever to reduce Kidd's MPG, and it doesn't look like Planinic is ready to take over. Are we going to see a Harris/Davis back-court off the bench?
I'd like to see Zoran get a shot at 5-10 minutes/game, but I'm afraid we will be seeing Lucious running the point still (unless, as I said above, that his injuries are significant). I agree that Davis probably doesn't have better point skills than Lu, and the fact that he doesn't know the offense as well probably means that he'll only be used at the 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts