Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He took a step in the right direction Wednesday when he ran on the treadmill for the first time since undergoing surgery in December to reattach his broken left kneecap.
"I'm all right, but it's just tough," Oden said. "I'm going through all this again. I've been through this before and I know I can come back from it, but it's the fact that it happened again that's making it tough."
Encouraing news. Sounds like rehab is on schedule.

Oden now practically lives in the weight room, working to strengthen his leg. It's a long shot, but he hopes to return before the season ends.

"There's a possibility," he said. "I couldn't give you an exact time, but I do know there's a possibility."
As long as he's healthy fine, but no reason to rush him back and all the reasons not to. Even if he does play he'll be out of shape and take a while to make a difference on the floor.

Oden knows his lack of time on the court, coupled with his being drafted No. 1 overall, makes him a target for criticism.

The shots come in faster and harder now that Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, the No. 2 pick in 2007, has become an All-Star.

Oden tries not to pay attention to his critics.
"I don't really care (what people say)," he said as his facial expression turned serious. "I know what I'm capable of. I think I was on the brink of showing that before I got injured. All I can do is rehab and get myself back to where I need to be and continue to show I can do it."
link

1 - 1 of 1 Posts