Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That may be the case according to LG.net's well respected Jeremy Snow, resident MD.

On Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:31 PM , jeremysnow wrote:
given an MRI or james tibone's opinion, I'd go with the latter. from what lamar stated, his injury sounded worse than the results of the MRI.

if james tibone feels there's a small tear, then I'm sure that it's at the VERY LEAST a tear. lamar's in good hands. and if tibone's on the case, then you know lamar's situation is shaky. :(

lamar's in the inflammatory stage, so NSAIDs, ice and modalities offered by gary vitti and staff are in order. otherwise, lamar is currently in a sling. just needs to rest it, play it safe, 3-4 weeks, then the lamar and lakers will decide to consider more radical alternatives, if his shoulder does NOT respond to the conservative treatment and exercises.

just from what I hear, it's not a condition where surgery is done right away, however, the prognosis will rely much on how well he does in the coming week. quite often more radical alternatives (e.g. surgical) are done, if the rotator cuff motor functions decline, underlying the degree of tear.

get well lamar, prayers are with you! :thumbsup:

(incidentally, jim tibone is the surgeon for the usc trojans, besides being steve lombardo's colleague at kerlan-jobe. probably a few of you know of his surgical debridement of matt leihart's degenerative tendon back in january 05. leinart, I'm told is progressing very nicely)
Well, uh, for those of you that still thought the Lakers would make the playoffs.....any last words? :laugh:

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
EHL said:
That may be the case according to LG.net's well respected Jeremy Snow, resident MD.

Well, uh, for those of you that still thought the Lakers would make the playoffs.....any last words? :laugh:

I stopped thinking they were gonna make the playoffs even with Odom.. I still feel the same way without odom.

But I didnt expect much this season anyways. Im looking forward more to the next two seasons.

·
Registered
173 Posts
EHL said:

I stopped thinking this when we lose to the Raptors, Celtics and Knicks... :cry:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Nuts. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts