Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-heat150jan15,0,3457210.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

The Heat forward also maintains he is not particularly looking forward to Friday's game in Los Angeles, when he plays the Clippers for the first time since departing as a free agent in the offseason.

``When I left L.A., I left,'' he said. ``When I left the Clippers, I left. I will not allow myself to get caught up in wanting to prove myself. I don't have anything to prove.

``It will just be another game, I promise.''

But it can't be, not after Odom trashed the organization on his way out, and not after the Clippers not only declined to match the Heat's six-year, $65 million offer, but also got in the last words in a contentious dialogue.

``In the final analysis,'' Clippers Vice President Elgin Baylor said in allowing Odom to depart, ``the decision was based on issues of character and other risks involved.''

Lots of other good quotes from Lamar and Elgin Baylor still talking back and forth...

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I like Lamar, hated him to leave us, but at the same time we needed him to leave, and he needed a change of scenery.

I'm glad he's doing well down here in Miami, but my Clips are a better team than the Heat.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
I'm glad he's doing well down here in Miami, but my Clips are a better team than the Heat.
I wouldn't mind arguing that...

put us both healthy, we're a better team IMO

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Need I remind you?.. That we played 15 game's without our best player, in Brand.. Basketball hell as you'd call it is moving in the right direction, minus the character's in Odom.. Soft Chew kandi and Dre.. Don't get me wrong.. I'll continue to root for Odom.. But.. Don't be surpised if the Staples faithfull don't share the same opinion.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you're moving in the right direction by not paying your 3 of your 4 best players.....

and if you're trying to say Odom has character issues, Where have they been all year?

and i hope you're not trying to say the Heat aren't getting better and the Clips are b/c you are nuts...

and I will say it again, both teams at 100%, we're the better team

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
truthfully, its tough to say us here. If healthy its close, but LAC has the better record in the better conference. Well see whose better when we face eachother. Tough to say till than

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Call my bias if you want (Clippers are definitely my number two team), but I'd take the Clips over the Heat in a 7 game series any day of the week. Better record in the better conference, better depth, and better individual players. Not trying to knock the Heat here, it's just that people seem to underestimate the Clippers just because they're the Clippers.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
you're moving in the right direction by not paying your 3 of your 4 best players.....
I'm sure you didn't just call Michael Olowokandi one of LA's four best players ahead of either Elton Brand or Corey Maggette, both of whom they kept. You must be talking about Eric Piatkowski. Which of Maggette and Brand is Piatkowski better than?

If letting a budding superstar like Piatkowski gives the Clippers even a chance at signing Kobe, then they are certainly moving in the right direction. Even if Kobe stiffs the Clips, they're still by far better than the Heat.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Players Ranked from Last Year's Clips Team:
1. Elton Brand
2. Lamar Odom
3. Andre Miller
4. Olowakandi/Maggs
5. Q

3 of your top 4 or 5 are gone

I know Brand was out but we lost our hall of fame coach right before the season started, played the 1st few weeks without Caron Butler, then Dwyane Wade got hurt the past week and he's still out. We've had just as much injury loss as you...

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

and if you're trying to say Odom has character issues, Where have they been all year?

and i hope you're not trying to say the Heat aren't getting better and the Clips are b/c you are nuts...

and I will say it again, both teams at 100%, we're the better team
At time's you can be one of the most annoying poster's on the board's!.. You took everthing I said, and twisted it into some half *** attempt at a diss.. Odom's one of my fav player's.. As I've mentioned, many time's.. But.. The fact remain's that after his 2nd year in Cali, he stopped giving his all, night in night out.. BTW.. I'm estatic that he's finally happy in Mia.. If you actually believe that Kandi and Dre were two of our best player's last year.. Then you need not reply to anything related to Clipps basketball ever again.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Players Ranked from Last Year's Clips Team:
1. Elton Brand
2. Lamar Odom
3. Andre Miller
4. Olowakandi/Maggs
5. Q

3 of your top 4 or 5 are gone
LMAO.. Your not a Clipps fan.. So how can you tell the "Basketball Hell" faithfull like myslef, anything about our team.. Let me help you out a lil.. This list is based soley off of last year's ON COURT PERFORMANCE'S!.

1.Brand
2.Maggs
3.Odom
4.Jaric
5.Q

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First off, you need to calm down a little bit.

If you are gonna tell me that Dre wasnt top 5 on your team, you're nuts. He's a top 10 PG in the NBA, how was he not top 5 on your team? And Odom was your 2nd most talented player--just b/c he left doesn't make him a worse player.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>Natty Dreadlockz</b>!

At time's you can be one of the most annoying poster's on the board's!.. You took everthing I said, and twisted it into some half *** attempt at a diss..

Thanks buddy--vote for me next time the Artest Award voting comes up--I'll appreciate it

·
Registered
338 Posts
dre played really really really bad last year. i like the guy, but the team and he didn't clickj at all. He's getting back into the groove, but last year he wasn't much chop at all. Odom has the talent, but he didn't use much of it for the clippers, not being on the court much and all.

Odom's a top player, and if he matches up on Brand it should be a smooth v brawn show down.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
First off, you need to calm down a little bit.

If you are gonna tell me that Dre wasnt top 5 on your team, you're nuts. He's a top 10 PG in the NBA, how was he not top 5 on your team? And Odom was your 2nd most talented player--just b/c he left doesn't make him a worse player.
First off, don't tell me what I need to do.

I clearly stated what I was ranking.. ON COURT PERFORMANCE's.. Odom didn't play a full season, so he was 2nd on my list.. Where exactly did I say Odom wasn't a quality talent?.. Dre turned the ball over way too much.. took way too many shot's and wasn't too thrilled to be back home in LA.. At time's last season.. He wasn't even the best point on the Clipps.. So I'd hardly call him a Top 10 Point in the league anymore.. I see you dropped your kandi arguement though.
Thanks buddy--vote for me next time the Artest Award voting comes up--I'll appreciate it
Nah, I'll pass.. You've got to atleast make some sense during your arguement's!

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>Natty Dreadlockz</b>!

First off, don't tell me what I need to do.

I clearly stated what I was ranking.. ON COURT PERFORMANCE's.. Odom didn't play a full season, so he was 2nd on my list.. Where exactly did I say Odom wasn't a quality talent?.. Dre turned the ball over way too much.. took way too many shot's and wasn't too thrilled to be back home in LA.. At time's last season.. He wasn't even the best point on the Clipps.. So I'd hardly call him a Top 10 Point in the league anymore.. I see you dropped your kandi arguement though.

Nah, I'll pass.. You've got to atleast make some sense during your arguement's!
check your PMs

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Let me make sumthin crystal F'n clear for all u Clip fans!!!

Ur Franchise/Owner is a JOKE and no one willingly wants to play for or sign wit you!!!U lost Brand,Odom,Kandi and Dre-Mill and all of them were praying every night that ur moronic owner wouldnt match!!!(Brand wasnt so lucky...)Brand wanted to be in Miami and he even said that he hoped the Clips wouldnt match,but they did and now hes stuck their!!!

Wit teams like the Laker,Kings,Spurs,Mavs,T-Wolves,Rockets and soon to be Hornets already out West,and teams like the Nugz,Warriors,Suns,Sonics and Blazers who are loaded wit young talent ur NOT makin the playoffs anytime soon!!!

Thanx for "The Goods"!!!

If we lose tonight it will be cuz Wade(who as a rook is better then every guard on ur team!!!)is injured!!!And yeah when I said Wade is better then every guard on ur team I was talkin bout Maggs,Q-Rich,Jaric,House and Dooling!!!Look at Wades numbers before the injury and tell me he wouldnt be putting up damn near 20 5 and 5 if he wasnt injured!!!:devil:

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!
Let me make sumthin crystal F'n clear for all u Clip fans!!!

Ur Franchise/Owner is a JOKE and no one willingly wants to play for or sign wit you!!!U lost Brand,Odom,Kandi and Dre-Mill and all of them were praying every night that ur moronic owner wouldnt match!!!(Brand wasnt so lucky...)Brand wanted to be in Miami and he even said that he hoped the Clips wouldnt match,but they did and now hes stuck their!!!

Wit teams like the Laker,Kings,Spurs,Mavs,T-Wolves,Rockets and soon to be Hornets already out West,and teams like the Nugz,Warriors,Suns,Sonics and Blazers who are loaded wit young talent ur NOT makin the playoffs anytime soon!!!

Thanx for "The Goods"!!!

If we lose tonight it will be cuz Wade(who as a rook is better then every guard on ur team!!!)is injured!!!And yeah when I said Wade is better then every guard on ur team I was talkin bout Maggs,Q-Rich,Jaric,House and Dooling!!!Look at Wades numbers before the injury and tell me he wouldnt be putting up damn near 20 5 and 5 if he wasnt injured!!!:devil:
:eek: Talk about a biased fan here.

The Clippers are a better team than the Heat, geeze, you guys would even put up a fight if someone came in here saying that Wade isn't the greatest rookie ever. The Clippers are in a better conference, with a better record than the Heat. It's that simple. They have much better depth than the heat, and if you want to go on paper individually the Clippers are just flat-out better.

Wade is CERTAINLY not better than Maggette who is an all-star calibre player this year, and is being overshadowed because of the better two guards in the league. Quentin is also a much better player than Wade, Quentin's having a breakout year, and is the 3rd option on the Clips. Wade is the number one option on the heat while Maggette and Quentin are both behind Brand. And don't give me this "Wade only became the number one option half way through the season stuff".

If the heat were in the West, they would be 4-30 right now.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Caron, 'dre did indeed play horrible last year. i agree that he's a top 10 pg but not last year. last year i agree that he wasn't a top 5 clip.

yeah there is quite a bit of bias coming from both sides here. i personally think the heat and the clip are equal...keep arguing pointlessly if you want guys, but this doesn't mean jack squat if your better than the Heat/Clips. and even if the clips do beat the heat or vice versa in their meetings, that doesn't mean that the winner is better. so the hawks beat the spurs a few nights ago, so they're better? uh huh...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts